Bank of Melbourne are offering 90,000 Qantas Points for new cardholders of the Amplify Qantas Signature variant until 30 November 2023.
A minimum spend requirement of $6,000 within the first 90 days of approval is required to receive the bonus.
The Amplify family of cards includes cards offered by St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA and they continue to offer decent points earn rates from your day-to-day spend. This guide covers the different earn rates, caps and benefits of the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Qantas Signature Visa.
Amplify Signature cards – Amplify Rewards
- St.George Amplify Rewards Signature
- BankSA Amplify Rewards Signature
- Bank of Melbourne Amplify Rewards Signature
Amplify Signature cards – Qantas Points
- St.George Amplify Qantas Signature
- BankSA Amplify Qantas Signature
- Bank of Melbourne Amplify Qantas Signature
Digging into the details of the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Qantas Signature
The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Qantas Signature offers 0.75 Qantas Points per dollar spent on eligible purchases capped to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. Bonus Qantas Points are not included in the cap.
The additional benefits of the Amplify Signature credit card include a 10% points ‘birthday bonus’ on your spend for the previous year, which effectively increases your points earn rate on all your spend if you keep the card active. The Qantas Rewards variant also comes with two single entry Qantas lounge passes, insurances and access to Visa Luxury Hotels booking service.
|St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA Amplify Qantas Signature Visa
|Qantas Frequent Flyer
|Points earned from spend
|Earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. Bonus Qantas Points not included in the cap.
|2 x Qantas Club
Access to the Visa Luxury Hotels program
|Amplify Signature Travel Service, international travel insurance, purchase security insurance, extended warranty cover plus more
|Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
|Overseas transaction fee
|3% of the converted amount
|$295 p.a. ongoing + $75 Annual Qantas Rewards Program fee
Qantas Points vs. Amplify Rewards
The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature Visa also has an Amplify Rewards variant that earns 1.5 Amplify Points per $1 on spend uncapped which equates to 0.75 Velocity Points or KrisFlyer miles when transferred.
The Qantas Rewards variant on the other hand directly earns 0.75 Qantas Points per $ on all eligible spend, capped at $250,000 annually.
The Birthday Bonus
Both variants of the Amplify Signature Visa comes with a unique benefit of a 10% bonus on all points earned from spend over the previous 12 months (excluding any bonus points) on your birthday each year.
You’re also offered two complimentary single-entry lounge passes each year. For the Qantas Rewards variant, you’ll receive two Qantas lounge invitations each year, which are pretty handy—they can be used domestically or internationally.
The Amplify Qantas Signature comes with access to the Visa Luxury Hotels program, which offers:
- Best available rate guarantee
- Automatic room upgrade upon arrival (when available)
- 3pm check-out (when available) at over 900 luxury hotels
- Free in-room Internet
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- VIP Guest status
- US$25 food or beverage voucher
You can check out the available deals at participating hotels at visaluxuryhotels.com—the program may be of use to you, or it may not, depending on the hotel you’re looking into.
You’ll also get access to the Amplify Signature Travel Service, which is a dedicated phone service with Travel consultants available to cardholders, with access to some specific packages. Worth looking it if you’re likely to use it.
And finally, there’s also a range of included insurances:
- Complimentary Overseas Travel insurance for up to six months
- Complimentary Purchase Cover for up to four months
- Extended Warranty Cover for up to twelve months
- Transit Accident insurance
- Certain medical and hospital expenses overseas—unlimited cover (except emergency dental and bed care patient allowance)
- Unexpected cancellation of your travel arrangements and associated expenses—unlimited cover (maximum of AUD $10,000 for a family)
- Up to $500 per person for travel delays
- Up to $550 per person for loss or damage to travel documents
- Up to $20,000 per person for accidental loss or damage to eligible personal property
- Up to $5,500 of excess cover for loss or damage of a rental vehicle
As I always say with credit card insurances, only you can decide if they offer value for your circumstances, so make sure you read the PDS for them to decide if they meet your needs. Read the full PDS here for Bank of Melbourne.
This guide references some of the benefits of insurance policies provided with this card. You should read the PDS and obtain independent professional advice before obtaining this product.
Bank of Melbourne Apple Pay, Google Pay & Samsung Pay Support
Bank of Melbourne cards support Apple Pay & Google Pay and Samsung Pay, meaning you can use this card on your smartphone for easier payments. Find out more in our guides for each of the compatible services.
The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Qantas Signature, along with the other Qantas variants under the Amplify family could still be useful for those who are looking for a non-Amex card with decent Qantas Points earn.
Bonus offers on this card can be hit and miss but when they are good, the card can be worth considering, specially with the handy travel and lounge access perks.