International travel is back! So if your Velocity balance needs a bit of love, then we’ve got a deal for you. Velocity usually runs a twice-yearly points transfer promotion – in May and November. So starting 1 November 2021, pocket a 20-30% bonus with a huge range of card transfer partners.
What is the current bonus transfer offer?
|Expiry: 30 November 2021|
For the month of November 2021, earn a 20-30% bonus Velocity Points when you transfer from selected bank partners. This time around, ANZ and American Express have extra bonuses on top.
|20% bonus||Commonwealth Bank, NAB, Westpac, St.George, Bank SA, Bank of Melbourne, Citi, Diners Club International, Card Services, HSBC, Suncorp, BOQ|
|25% bonus||American Express (all eligible Australian cards including David Jones)|
|30% bonus||ANZ Rewards, ANZ Business|
See the Velocity Frequent Flyer website for T&Cs (the link should come live from 1 November 2021) and more detailed info on how to transfer points from your favourite rewards program. Minimum transfer amounts may apply.
Sometimes knowing how Velocity has run this offer in the past may help you to decide if you should take advantage of it now. Here are the last two years of offer history:
- November 2021: 20-30% bonus for bank programs
- May 2021: 15-30% bonus for most bank programs
- November 2020: 15-40% bonus + 50 bonus Status Credits for most bank and hotel rewards programs, plus 15% bonus for flybuys
- September 2020: 20% bonus for most bank and hotel reward programs
- July 2020: 15-20% bonus for flybuys
- February 2020: 15% bonus for most Amex Card Members; 20% bonus + status upgrade for Platinum and Centurion Card Members; 15-20% bonus for flybuys [targeted]
- December 2019: 15% bonus for flybuys
- November 2019: 15% bonus for most bank rewards programs, flybuys and KrisFlyer; 30% for ANZ
- July-August 2019: 15% bonus for most Amex Card Members; 20% bonus for Platinum and Centurion Card Members
- June 2019: 15% bonus for flybuys
- May 2019: 15-25% bonus for most bank rewards programs; 15% for flybuys; 20% for hotel loyalty programs; 25% for CommBank; 50% for ANZ
Why should I use a Velocity transfer promotion?
We’re a big fan of transfer promotions from flexible reward programs to Velocity Frequent Flyer, particularly when the offer is 20% more points or higher and you have a specific flight goal in mind.
The bonus points usually credit instantly alongside the main stash of points you transfer over, so you don’t have to wait around for it to show up.
If you’re planning on making a transfer to empty out one of your bank rewards program or Flybuys account, then you’ll probably want to wait as late as possible in the promo period to ensure you can transfer the most possible points.
These Velocity promotions are usually a great deal if you have a stash of credit card or hotel program points you know you want to transfer over to Velocity. Virgin Australia is gradually boosting flights across Australia, with Fiji also starting from 16 December. Queenstown and Bali flights will follow shortly.
This content contains affiliate links from which Point Hacks may earn commissions from transactions generated from new customers, bookings and general enquiries. Find out more here.