BankSA is offering 90,000 Qantas Points for new cardholders of the Amplify Signature Visa – Qantas variant until 28 September 2021.
A minimum spend requirement of $6,000 within the first 90 days of approval is required to receive the points bonus.
There is also up to 200,000 Amplify Rewards Points plus reduced first year annual card fee on offer for new cardholders of the BankSA Amplify Signature Visa – Amplify Rewards variant.
The Amplify family of cards includes cards offered by St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA and they continue to offer decent points earn rates from your day-to-day spend. This guide covers the different earn rates, caps and benefits of the BankSA Amplify Signature Visa – Qantas variant.
Amplify Signature cards – Amplify Rewards
- St.George Amplify Signature – Amplify Rewards
- BankSA Amplify Signature – Amplify Rewards
- Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature – Amplify Rewards
- St.George Amplify Signature – Qantas Rewards
- BankSA Amplify Signature – Qantas Rewards
- Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature – Qantas Rewards
How you could use the bonus points from this card
All redemption figures above exclude any accompanying taxes, fees and charges. Points redemption price data is provided by a third-party. For an exact total redemption cost, please consult with the airline directly.
Disclaimer: These are example redemptions only and due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, some of these routes may not be currently available.
Digging into the details of the BankSA Amplify Signature Visa – Qantas Rewards
The BankSA Amplify Signature Visa – Qantas Rewards offers 0.75 Qantas Points per dollar spent with no points cap.
The additional benefits of the Amplify Signature credit card include a 10% points ‘birthday bonus’ on your spend for the previous year, which effectively increases your points earn rate on all your spend if you keep the card active. The Qantas Rewards variant also comes with two single entry Qantas lounge passes, insurances and access to Visa Luxury Hotels booking service.
|Card||St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA Amplify Signature Visa - Qantas Rewards|
|Loyalty program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Points earned from spend||0.75 Qantas Points per $ spend
Plus 10% points bonus for your birthday
|Travel benefits||2 x Qantas Club
Access to the Visa Luxury Hotels program
|Included insurances||Amplify Signature Travel Service, international travel insurance, purchase security insurance, extended warranty cover plus more (PDS)|
|Overseas transaction fee||3% of the converted amount|
|Annual fee||$279 p.a. ongoing|
Qantas Points vs. Amplify Rewards
The BankSA Amplify Signature Visa also has an Amplify Rewards variant that earns 1.5 Amplify Points per $1 on spend which equates to 0.75 Velocity Points, KrisFlyer or Enrich Miles when transferred.
The Qantas Rewards variant on the other hand directly earns 0.75 Qantas Points per $ on all eligible spend.
The Birthday Bonus
Both variants of the Amplify Signature Visa comes with a unique benefit of a 10% bonus on all points earned from spend over the previous 12 months (excluding any bonus points) on your birthday each year.
You’re also offered two complimentary single-entry lounge passes each year. For the Qantas Rewards variant, you’ll receive two Qantas lounge invitations each year, which are pretty handy—they can be used domestically or internationally.
The Amplify Signature Visa comes with access to the Visa Luxury Hotels program, which offers:
- Best available rate guarantee
- Automatic room upgrade upon arrival (when available)
- 3pm check-out (when available) at over 900 luxury hotels
- Free in-room Internet
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- VIP Guest status
- US$25 food or beverage voucher
You can check out the available deals at participating hotels at visaluxuryhotels.com—the program may be of use to you, or it may not, depending on the hotel you’re looking into.
You’ll also get access to the Amplify Signature Travel Service, which is a dedicated phone service with Travel consultants available to cardholders, with access to some specific packages. Worth looking it if you’re likely to use it.
And finally, there’s also a range of included insurances:
- Complimentary Overseas Travel insurance for up to six months
- Complimentary Purchase Cover for up to four months
- Extended Warranty Cover for up to twelve months
- Transit Accident insurance
- Certain medical and hospital expenses overseas—unlimited cover (except emergency dental and bed care patient allowance)
- Unexpected cancellation of your travel arrangements and associated expenses—unlimited cover (maximum of AUD $10,000 for a family)
- Up to $500 per person for travel delays
- Up to $550 per person for loss or damage to travel documents
- Up to $20,000 per person for accidental loss or damage to eligible personal property
- Up to $5,500 of excess cover for loss or damage of a rental vehicle
As I always say with credit card insurances, only you can decide if they offer value for your circumstances, so make sure you read the PDS for them to decide if they meet your needs. Read the full PDS here for BankSA.
This guide references some of the benefits of insurance policies provided with this card. You should read the PDS and obtain independent professional advice before obtaining this product.
St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne Apple Pay & Google Pay support
St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne cards support Apple Pay & Google Pay, meaning you can use this card on your smartphone for easier payments. Find out more in our guides for each of the compatible services.
The BankSA Amplify Signature Visa – Qantas Rewards, along with the other Qantas variants under the Amplify family could still be useful for those who are looking for a non-Amex card with decent Qantas Points earn.
Bonus offers on this card can be hit and miss but when they are good, the card can be worth considering, specially with the handy travel and lounge access perks.