Have you ever wanted to massively boost your Qantas Points balance for just $396? Optus is offering a limited-time $99 Promo Plan that comes packed with inclusions. But the cherry on top is 60,000 bonus Qantas Points after you stay connected for three months.
Assuming you stay on for the minimum period, you’ll pay up to four months of plan fees, which is $396. That’s one of the best deals of the year, but you don’t have long to get connected!
Deal: 60,000 bonus points on the $99 plan
|Expiry: Sign up by 5 September 2022|
It’s back! The Optus $99 plan sits at the top of the pecking order. You get 200GB of Optus 5G data (where available), endless capped data at 1.5 Mbps if you exceed your allowance, unlimited Talk & Text within Australia, and access to Optus Sport for entertainment.
If you have a dual-Sim or e-SIM phone and already have an existing number you don’t want to switch to Optus, one idea is to activate the Optus $99 Promo Plan on a new number and just use the data allowance, while keeping your original number for calls and text.
But do be aware that signing up for a new phone plan can mean another hit on your credit account, which may affect your credit score for future credit card and loan applications.
Important points from the T&Cs on the offer page include:
- New and existing Optus customers are eligible.
- You must add and activate the plan between 1 and 5 September 2022.
- Points are awarded in a single instalment at the end of month three from your activation date.
- Points are forfeited if you cancel or re-contract the Promo Plan during that period.
- You must be an active Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn the points.
This deal works out to buying points at 0.66 cents each. We value Qantas Points at 1.80 cents each, so you really can’t go wrong with this offer.
What can I do with 60,000 points?
Here are a few suggestions for how you could spend 60,000 Qantas Points or more.
- Fly from Australia to Asia in Qantas Business Class (from 57,000 points from Perth, and from 68,400 points from other cities).
- Fly between Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane and Perth in Qantas Airbus A330 lie-flat Business Class from 41,500 points.
- Travel from Sydney to Nadi or Nouméa in lie-flat Business Class with 41,500 Qantas Points. Fiji Airways flies the Airbus A330/A350 to Nadi, and Aircalin flies the new Airbus A330neo to Nouméa.
- Indulge in Emirates First Class between Sydney and Christchurch on board the Airbus A380 from 64,500 Qantas Points.
- Fly Qantas Economy one-way to anywhere in the world with 55,200 Qantas Points (or with partner airlines with no more than 66,200 Qantas Points).
- Fly Qantas Economy return anywhere within Australia for up to 40,600 points return, per person.
Other ways to boost your points balance
There are a number of other ways to earn bonus Qantas Points, including by signing up for a Qantas Points-earning credit card, buying wine through Qantas Wine, swiping your Everyday Rewards card and booking accommodation through Airbnb. And here are some of the best ways to use them.