We’ve got the latest Qantas deals here! For just one week, Qantas Frequent Flyer is giving members extra incentive to hold health insurance cover by handing out up to 150,000 Qantas Points and 50 bonus Status Credits on new eligible policies.
Plus, nab an extra 20,000 Qantas Points on car insurance. You’ll also earn a Qantas Point for every dollar spent on the premium and unlock full Qantas Points earning ability in the Qantas Wellbeing App.
Deal: Earn up to 150,000 Qantas Points with health insurance
|Expiry: 30 November 2020|
Qantas Insurance is offering up to 150,000 bonus Qantas Points and 50 bonus Status Credits to anyone taking out a new Gold Hospital and Top Extras cover for a couple, single parent or family. Other policies may also earn some bonus points, but not as much.
Yes, the premiums for a top-level package will be quite high. It’s up to you to weigh up whether earning 150,000 Qantas Points in the first year (worth approximately $2,280 in our book) is worth taking out that cover for at least the first year (with a minimum of 60 days).
However, the 50 bonus Status Credits will be awarded after you take out any eligible policy (not necessarily top-level) before 30 November 2020.
Remember that Qantas Points earned this way could count for Points Club or Points Club Plus membership, unlocking many valuable perks. 120,000 Qantas Points could also be redeemed for numerous Business and First Class flights.
How do I sign-up for Qantas Health Insurance?
- Visit the Qantas Insurance website and click ‘Get a Quote’ under the appropriate section.
- Enter the personal details of yourself and any family members sharing the same policy.
- Sign in (or sign up) as a Qantas Frequent Flyer member.
- Select your Hospital cover, if desired.
- Select your Extras cover, if desired.
- Review your cover, premiums and sign-on bonus. Fill out the remaining details and make payment to activate the policy.
- Hold the policy for at least 60 continuous days to be eligible for the points.
What are the catches with this offer?
There are three main points to be aware of:
- You must not have held a health insurance policy in the last 6 months with Qantas, nib, AAMI, Apia, GU Health or Suncorp, tr you won’t be eligible for any bonus sign-on points. This is because these insurers all share the same underwriter.
- You must hold the new Qantas Health Insurance policy for at least 60 continuous days to earn the applicable sign-on bonus. Once the points are successfully received, you are free to do whatever you wish with your health cover without losing the sign-on points.
- Only the top Hospital and Extras cover combined will net the maximum 150,000 Qantas Points.
Full offer terms and conditions
Qantas Frequent Flyer members who purchase a Qantas Health Insurance policy between 21 November and 11:59pm AEDT 30 November 2020 will earn up to 150,000 sign on Qantas Points. During this time the maximum number of sign on Qantas Points that can be earned upon purchase of combined Gold Hospital and Top Extras Cover is 150,000 for Couples, Single Parents or Families. Each Qantas Health Insurance policy has a maximum number of points that can be earned upon purchase, which can be found here. Points will only be awarded to the primary policyholder after the policy has been held for 60 continuous days and will be based on the level of cover held at that time. Not available to customers who have held a health insurance policy with Qantas, nib, AAMI, Apia, GU Health or Suncorp at any time in the 6 months before purchasing a new Qantas Health Insurance policy. Qantas may withdraw or extend this offer at any time.
Qantas Frequent Flyer members who purchase a Qantas Health Insurance policy between 21 November and 11:59pm AEDT 30 November 2020 will earn 50 bonus Status Credits. Bonus Status Credits will only be awarded to the primary policyholder after the policy has been held for 60 continuous days. Not available to customers who have held a health insurance policy with Qantas, nib, AAMI, Apia, GU Health or Suncorp at any time in the 6 months before purchasing a new Qantas Health Insurance policy. Bonus Status Credits will not contribute towards any Loyalty Bonuses, any Platinum or Platinum One Bonus Rewards, or any Qantas Status Accelerator. Status Credits are not transferable and governed by the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program Terms and Conditions.
Deal: Free weekend car hire with Avis
|Expiry: 13 December 2020|
Rent a car with Avis for two days or more, including a Saturday night, and receive two days worth of time and kilometre charges for free!
In addition to the above conditions, you must also book and commence your rental by 13 December 2020. You’ll also need to include the coupon code TPPA064 in the booking, or go through this direct link.
The full offer terms and conditions can be read here. Eligible bookings will have a ‘Promotion’ star tag displayed during the search process.
Deal: Earn up to 20,000 Qantas Points with car insurance
Qantas Car Insurance is offering up to 20,000 Qantas Points for new policies, subject to minimum premium amounts. This offer is ongoing.
- $0 to $500: 2,000 Qantas Points
- $500 to $850: 5,000 Qantas Points
- $850 to 1,250: 10,000 Qantas Points
- $1,250 to $1,550: 15,000 Qantas Points
- $1,550+: 20,000 Qantas Points
You’ll also earn 1 Qantas Point for every dollar spent on the premium and could earn up to 1,600 Qantas Points via the Qantas Wellbeing app for getting a car service and tyre pressure checks.
Bonus sign-up points are awarded for eligible new customers after holding the policy for at least 60 continuous days. If you do cancel your policy before the end of the year and have not made any claims, your premiums will be pro-rata refunded, but with a $40 early cancellation fee.
Read our in-depth guide to Qantas Car Insurance for more information on the policies offered and how to sign up.