Here is a roundup of the latest noteworthy bonus offers and promotions with Qantas Frequent Flyer.
During the month of September, Qantas Frequent Flyer is giving members extra incentive to hold health insurance cover by handing out up to 150,000 Qantas Points on new eligible policies, over two years.
Plus, nab an extra 20,000 Qantas Points on car insurance. You’ll also earn a Qantas Point for every dollar spent on the premium and unlock full Qantas Points earning ability in the Qantas Wellbeing App.
Offer: Earn up to 150,000 Qantas Points with health insurance
Qantas Insurance is offering up to 150,000 bonus Qantas Points to anyone taking out a new Gold Hospital and Top Extras cover for a couple, single parent or family. Other policies may also earn some bonus points, but not as much. The points will be split over two years:
- Up to 125,000 Qantas Points if you hold top combined cover for 60 consecutive days
- An additional up to 25,000 Qantas Points if you continue to hold top cover for 14 months
Yes, the premiums for a top-level package will be quite high. It’s up to you to weigh up whether earning 125,000 Qantas Points in the first year (worth approximately $2,375 in our book) is worth taking out that cover for at least the first year (with a minimum of 60 days).
Remember that Qantas Points earned this way could count for Points Club or Points Club Plus membership, unlocking many valuable perks. 150,000 Qantas Points could also be redeemed for numerous Business and First Class flights.
How do I sign-up for Qantas Health Insurance?
- Visit the Qantas Insurance website and click ‘Get a Quote’ under the appropriate section.
- Enter the personal details of yourself and any family members sharing the same policy.
- Sign in (or sign up) as a Qantas Frequent Flyer member.
- Select your Hospital cover, if desired.
- Select your Extras cover, if desired.
- Review your cover, premiums and sign-on bonus. Fill out the remaining details and make payment to activate the policy.
- Hold the policy for at least 60 continuous days to be eligible for the points.
What are the catches with this offer?
There are three main points to be aware of:
- You must not have held a health insurance policy in the last 6 months with Qantas, nib, AAMI, Apia, GU Health or Suncorp, tr you won’t be eligible for any bonus sign-on points. This is because these insurers all share the same underwriter.
- You must hold the new Qantas Health Insurance policy for at least 60 continuous days to earn the applicable sign-on bonus. Once the points are successfully received, you are free to do whatever you wish with your health cover without losing the sign-on points.
- Only the top Hospital and Extras cover combined will net the maximum 150,000 Qantas Points over two years.
Full offer terms and conditions
Qantas Frequent Flyer members who purchase a Qantas Health Insurance policy between 1 September and 11:59pm AEST 30 September 2020 will earn up to 150,000 sign on Qantas Points over two years. During this time the maximum number of sign on Qantas Points that can be earned upon purchase of combined Gold Hospital and Top Extras Cover in year one is 125,000 for Couples, Single Parents or Families and 62,500 for Singles. The maximum number of Qantas Points that can be earned upon purchase of combined Gold Hospital and Top Extras Cover in year two is 25,000 for Couples, Single Parents or Families and 12,500 for Singles. Each Qantas Health Insurance policy has a maximum number of sign on Qantas Points that can be earned upon purchase, which can be found here. Year one points will only be awarded to the primary policyholder after the policy has been held for 60 continuous days and will be based on the level of cover held at that time. Year two points will be awarded to the primary policy holder after the policy is held continuously for 14 months and will be based on the level of cover held at that time. Not available to customers who have held a health insurance policy with Qantas, nib, AAMI, Apia, GU Health or Suncorp at any time in the 6 months before purchasing a new Qantas Health Insurance policy. Qantas may withdraw or extend this offer at any time.
Offer: Earn up to 20,000 Qantas Points with car insurance
Qantas Car Insurance is offering up to 40,000 Qantas Points for new policies, subject to minimum premium amounts. This offer expires on 28 August 2020, after which the bonus reverts back to a max of 20,000 points.
- $0 to $500: 4,000 Qantas Points
- $500 to $850: 10,000 Qantas Points
- $850 to 1,250: 20,000 Qantas Points
- $1,250 to $1,550: 30,000 Qantas Points
- $1,550+: 40,000 Qantas Points
You’ll also earn 1 Qantas Points for every dollar spent on the premium and could earn up to 1,600 Qantas Points via the Qantas Wellbeing app for getting a car service and tyre pressure checks.
Bonus sign-up points are awarded for eligible new customers after holding the policy for at least 60 continuous days. If you do cancel your policy before the end of the year and have not made any claims, your premiums will be pro-rata refunded, but with a $40 early cancellation fee.
Read our in-depth guide to Qantas Car Insurance for more information on the policies offered and how to sign up.