Thinking of traversing Thailand? The stunning southeast Asian nation is a short hop from Australia, and it’s not hard to see why it’s a favourite destination for many travellers. Picturesque views, delicious local fare and a rich culture barely scratch the surface of why this dazzling nation should be on your to-do list.
And if it already is, it’s important to cover all your bases when planning your Thailand holiday. With so much to see and do, it can be hard to know where to start! Thankfully, we’ve put together some handy guides to help you plan your adventure – from how to fly to Thailand from Australia to our favourite activities and hidden gems.
Dive into our guides below to help you plan your getaway.
Looking for the perfect itinerary for your holiday to Thailand? Find out what we got up to, and how you can replicate the experience for yourself.
- Five nights in Bangkok + Business Class flights for under $1,100 with KrisFlyer miles and Qantas Points
- Five nights in Phuket + Business Class flights for under $1,400 with KrisFlyer miles and Qantas Points
Accommodation in Thailand
Thailand boasts a variety of accommodation options – from affordable hostels to mind-blowing luxury resorts. And if you’re a member of a hotel loyalty program, there are plenty of ways to earn and retain status with popular hotel brands.
- Your ultimate guide to Thailand accommodation: where to stay
Flying to Thailand
Thailand is one of the most popular destinations for Australian travellers. But did you know it’s also one of the easiest to get to? Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin offer direct routes from all corners of Australia. And if you’re a member of a frequent flyer program, such as Qantas Frequent Flyer or Velocity Frequent Flyer, you can fly to Bali from Australia for less using the power of points.
- How to hack your way to Bangkok with points
- How to hack your way to Phuket with points
- Review: Singapore Airlines Airbus A350 Business Class (Singapore – Bangkok)
Thailand travel tips
Want to get the most out of your trip to Thailand? Here are some of our top tips.