Qatar Airways is currently offering up to triple QPoints until 31 October, which can land you Qatar Privilege Club Gold status by taking just one return trip in Business Class between Sydney and London Heathrow.
With Qatar Airways a member of the oneworld alliance, achieving the Gold tier will also give you to the equivalent of oneworld Sapphire, which provides many valuable perks, especially to those who fly frequently in Economy Class and want to skip queues and access airline lounges.
To compliment this deal, Qatar is also offering sale fares in Business Class until 21 October from as low as $5679. You will need to depart on or before 24 December 2018 to take advantage of these fares.
Read to the end to see how you can get a $200 discount.
Why is oneworld Sapphire status valuable?
Earning oneworld Sapphire status opens the doors to a number of benefits including:
- Access to priority Business Class check-in
- Priority boarding
- Access to 650+ airport lounges (with one guest) when travelling internationally, including Business Class lounges regardless of the class of service flown that day
- Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating when offered by the airline operating the flight
- Extra baggage allowance
- Priority baggage handling
To obtain Gold membership, you need to earn 300 QPoints in a 12-month period.
To maintain (or extend) Gold membership, you need to earn 270 Qpoints in the 12 months prior to the renewal date, or 540 QPoints in the 24 months prior to the renewal date.
Remember, once you have Gold status with one frequent flyer program, you can status match to others.
The Qatar Airways product
You may find yourself relaxing in one of Qatar’s new Qsuites, which can offer both backward- and forward-facing seats
and experience some of the very best cuisine that Qatar have to offer
plus relax in the excellent Al Mourjan Business Class lounge in Doha prior to your connecting flight
Which are some of the best deals?
Below are some examples of the best Business Class deals on offer, which include all taxes and charges and are for return travel:
- Perth – Dublin from $5679
- Adelaide – Berlin from $5979
- Canberra – Amsterdam from $6529
- Melbourne – Manchester from $6579
- Sydney – Frankfurt from $6619
The key terms for this offer include:
- You must register for this promotion by 31 October or at least 24 hours prior to departure, whichever is earlier. To register, you need to log into your membership account at qmiles.com and select My Offers from the dashboard menu
- Flight bookings need to be made before 31 October for travel between 15 October 2018 and 30 April 2019
- The offer is only applicable to Privilege Club main members whose country of residence is in Australia as per the membership account
- Ensure to quote their Privilege Club number at the time of booking or check-in
- Members may use this offer more than once during the offer period
How to book
Here are some options, in order from most to least lucrative:
- Our in-house travel agent Luke Vaughan can offer you a $200 discount on these fares and is contactable via the enquiry form below—this is the most generous offer
- If you click through the Cashrewards link first, you will earn 1.4% cashback ($84 on a $6000 fare)
- You can book directly through the Qatar Airways website but you will not earn any cashback
Featured and supplementary images of Qatar Airways Qsuites courtesy of Ben Wilson.