This deal made exclusively available to Point Hacks readers by our in-house travel agent Luke Vaughan allows you to visit up to four continents and earn Gold status with the largest airline alliance in the world.
Why is Star Alliance Gold status valuable?
The key to achieving Gold status with Star Alliance is to credit these flights to Turkish Airlines’ Miles & Smiles program which, along with Asiana’s Asiana Club, offers the lowest mileage requirement (40,000) for reaching Gold status amongst the Star Alliance airlines.
You can read more in our general guide to getting Gold frequent flyer status.
Once you have Gold status with Turkish Airlines, you will enjoy the following benefits on Turkish Airlines and its Star Alliance partners like Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa and Air New Zealand for two years:
- Access to over 1000 lounges worldwide, including the five-star-rated Star Alliance Lounge in Los Angeles
- Extra baggage allowance (usually one extra checked bag)
- Use of Business Class check-in counters (even when flying Economy)
- Priority boarding
- Priority standby lists
- Expedited security and passport control lanes (at some airports)
- Bonus points when flying Star Alliance airlines
To obtain Gold membership, you need to earn 40,000 status miles in a 12-month period. The itineraries below meet this criterion.
To maintain (or extend) Gold membership for another two years, you need to earn another 25,000 status miles in your first year or 37,500 status miles in two years.
Once you have Gold status with one frequent flyer program, you can status match to others.
Example 1: from Sydney to San Francisco, New York, Barcelona and Tokyo from $5495
Example 2: from Melbourne to Buenos Aires, São Paulo, London, Dublin and Singapore from $5619
Example 3: from Perth to Johannesburg, Rome, Venice and Vancouver from $5958
- Valid for sale until 24 February 2017
- Valid for departures from 1 March to 15 December 2017
- One free stopover in most continents and two in Europe
- Three-month maximum trip duration
- Payment within three days of reservation
- Domestic connections within Australia on Qantas in Business Class are free of charge where a direct international routing isn’t available from a capital city, e.g. Sydney to Perth on Qantas to connect to South African Airways flight from Perth to Johannesburg
- You’ll be flying mainly on SWISS and Air New Zealand, with other flights operated by Singapore Airlines, THAI, ANA, Air China, Air India, United, Air Canada and/or South African Airways.
This fare is exclusively available through our in-house travel agent Luke Vaughan, who can be contacted by clicking the button below.
Images courtesy Star Alliance.