Qantas and Accor make flying even more rewarding
More travellers can now pick up more hotel points with Qantas flights.
What we'll be covering
More Qantas members can look forward to free nights at Accor hotels sooner with the partnership between the airline and hotel programs now expanded to include Gold Qantas frequent flyers. Pleasingly, the earning rate of ALL points on Qantas flights has also been drastically improved as well – from 1 ALL point per $5 spent to 1 ALL point per $2 spent.
Qantas Loyalty CEO, Olivia Wirth, is certain that Gold members will enjoy the added benefits.
This partnership is really about rewarding members at every stage of their travel journey with the ability to earn twice when they fly with Qantas or stay with Accor. The points they earn help them get their next night in a hotel or get a Classic Flight Reward Seat on their next holiday.Olivia Wirth, Qantas Loyalty CEO, 29 June 2023
Sarah Derry, Accor Pacific CEO, echoes the sentiment and says it comes at a time of strong demand for travel.
Our partnership with Qantas, where members of ALL – Accor Live Limitless and Qantas Frequent Flyer can for the first time be rewarded twice when they fly with Qantas and stay at one of Accor’s hotels, is a game changer in the tourism industry. Accor is dedicated to creating world-class customer experiences and we are thrilled to have a partner who shares our passion for delivering rewards and recognition to our loyal members.Sarah Derry, Accor Pacific CEO, 29 June 2023
What’s new with Qantas and Accor?
Starting now, there are two positive changes to the partnership:
- Qantas Gold frequent flyers can now earn ALL points on eligible Qantas flights, in addition to the usual Qantas Points earned. (Previously, only Qantas Platinum and Platinum One flyers, as well as Accor Gold members and higher were eligible).
- The ALL point earn rate on Qantas flights has improved to 1 point per $2 spent (previously 1 point per $5 spent). On a return Melbourne-Singapore flight in Economy, a fare that would have earned 429 ALL points would now earn 1,073 ALL points. For reference, 2,000 ALL points equal €40 when used for hotel stays.
If you need a little reminder, the following partnership perks remain as-is:
- All Qantas Frequent Flyer and ALL members, regardless of status, can earn 3 Qantas Points per dollar on eligible Accor hotel stays in Australia and Asia Pacific. This is in addition to the usual ALL points earned.
- You can also earn 3 Qantas Points per dollar on eligible transactions at participating Accor hotels, including on dining and room service.
- Qantas Gold members and higher can apply for a fast-track upgrade to ALL Silver status.
Also remaining is the ability to convert 2,000 ALL points to 2,000 Qantas Points via the Accor website. So long story short, one of the best loyalty partnerships in Australia just got even better.