These credits come in two waves — one which is valid for the first half of the year and another which is valid from July until December. Budding fashionistas simply need to accept the offer through their Amex account before shopping.
How does the offer work?
If you’re ready to turbo-charge your clothes shopping, then here are the key points to know:
- Only primary Platinum Card Members are eligible for this offer; unfortunately, additional cardholders miss out
- If you save the first-half offer by 25 June each year, you’ll automatically be enrolled into the second-half offer
- Purchases at Net-a-Porter must be made in AUD and shipped to Australia
- Purchases at Mr Porter must be made in GBP and shipped to Australia. You’ll need to pay the relevant currency conversion fee
- The $75 credit from one half does not roll over to the next half of the year. You must use the credit within the timeframes or it will be forfeited.
Read more about this credit on the American Express website.
The American Express Platinum Card is packed full of benefits, but some of those perks have been eliminated in recent times, such as Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade membership, which ends on 31 March 2021.
But it’s encouraging to see the introduction of new offers such as the 2x $75 Fashion Credits for cardholders, who can buy some new threads with no minimum spend in place from Net-A-Porter and Mr Porter.
Just be mindful of purchases from the Mr Porter website, which will be charged in British Pounds. You’ll need to pay a 3% currency conversion fee, which will not be covered by the $75 credits.