If you are planning to travel internationally with Qantas or Emirates during the next year, then registering for this promotion and booking by Monday night will earn you double points.
Note that you cannot stack the two promotions below—you’ll need to choose one or the other, so make sure you compare the potential points earn for your specific trip.
Offer 1: Double points on selected Qantas and Emirates international flights
Qantas Frequent Flyer members can earn double Qantas Points on:
- Qantas-operated flights between Australia and New Zealand, Singapore, Bangkok and London; and
- Emirates-operated flights with a QF flight number between Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the UK
Emirates flights to a wide range of destinations are eligible for this promotion
You must have a QF flight number on your ticket, i.e. it needs to be a Qantas-issued ticket, not via Emirates or another partner on a codeshare.
You must book by 11:59pm AEST on 7 May for travel between 21 May 2018 and 31 March 2019 and you must register here first. Flights already booked are not eligible for this promotion.
All passengers must register for the promotion separately, however, multiple individual bookings are eligible, e.g. one flight to Bangkok in September and then one to Auckland in December.
Bonus points take up to six weeks to post after completing travel.
Offer 2: 1000 bonus Qantas Points on your next booking
This promotion was originally sent out to targeted customers by email to celebrate Uber and Qantas’ partnership but it seems to be accessible to everyone and has no requirement of using Uber. I was able to successfully register for the promotion without having received the email.
Here are the steps:
- Register using this link and make a new eligible flight booking before 31 May 2018 at 11:59pm AEST
- Travel on an eligible domestic or international Qantas flight (with a QF flight number) before 15 May 2019
- Make sure you are signed-up to be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member—if not, you can do so for free
- Include your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in the booking
Note that for bookings made previous to this promotion, you will not receive the bonus points—you must register before making your booking.
- April-May 2018: 1000 bonus Qantas Points on your next domestic or international Qantas flight with a QF flight number; double points on selected Qantas and Emirates international flights
- March 2018: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- February 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights; double Qantas Points on eBay purchases
- January 2018: 1000 bonus points and free upgrade on car rentals with Avis and Budget
- November 2017: Double points on Qantas and China Eastern flights to/from and within China; 10,000 bonus points with a Samsung Galaxy S8 purchase
- September 2017: Double points on Qantas and Emirates flights to Europe, Singapore and Dubai; double Status Credits on all Qantas flights (targeted); 300 bonus points for downloading Qantas Money app
- August 2017: 20,000 bonus points with a Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ purchase
- April to June 2017: Double points on partner transactions, up to 5,000 points per month (there are reports of this promotion not being honoured by Qantas)
- April 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights and QF-coded Emirates flights to NZ
- January 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- July 2016: Triple points on Qantas Economy flights and Emirates codeshare flights to the UK
Ongoing opportunities to boost your Qantas Points balance
There are a number of other ways to earn bonus Qantas Points, including by signing up to a Qantas Points-earning credit card, buying wine through EpiQure, swiping your Woolworths Rewards card and booking accommodation through Airbnb.
And here are some of the best ways to use them.
H/T: The Champagne Mile