Those interested in health can boost their Qantas Frequent Flyer balance by signing up to a CSIRO diet program and/or Fitness First membership.
This guide keeps track of bonus points promotions to increase your Qantas Frequent Flyer balance. There is a separate guide for bonus Status Credits promotions.
Earn 18,000 bonus Qantas Points for completing a CSIRO diet
You’ll earn 10,000 bonus points when you join the 12 Week Program (including the Protein Balance program) plus an additional 8,000 points when you complete the plan.
It’ll cost you $199 for the full program, but your private health insurance may cover some/all of this under Dietary Advice or Wellness.
You’ll receive the 10,000 bonus points about halfway through the program.
Once you successfully complete the program, you usually have the choice to get your fee refunded. However, with this bonus Qantas Points offer, you do not have that option. Instead, to get the extra 8,000 points, it’s quite an involved process:
- Record your weight in the online diary at least once a week for 12 consecutive weeks, within the week of your scheduled weigh-in
- Upload a photo of yourself every week for the 12 week program via your private weight tracker within the website
- Achieve a net weight loss over the 12 weeks
- Complete a program completion survey
- Contact the customer service team within 14 days of completing the program
- Consent to the CSIRO using your story to help inspire other members
It’s important that you are aware of the many steps required to get your second batch of bonus points. As such, I would only recommend this offer to those people who were going to sign up to a weight loss program anyway.
Here is the offer page and sign-up link.
Earn 10,000 bonus Qantas Points for joining Fitness First
You’ll earn 10,000 bonus Qantas Points when you sign up online to a new 12- or 18-month Passport or Platinum membership before 30 April.
Plus, if you live in New South Wales, Victoria or Queensland, you can get 30% off a 18-month membership. That brings Passport memberships down to $16.10/week and Platinum ones $19.60/week.
Here are the key terms:
- Online offer only—you must sign up via the dedicated Fitness First – Qantas Frequent Flyer sign up portal
- A $85 startup fee applies to new memberships
- Only available to new Fitness First members that are signed up between 1 and 30 April 2019
- 30% off the standard weekly rate applies to 18-month Passport, Platinum and Titanium memberships in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland only
- Standard rates for memberships can be obtained on the Fitness First website
- 18-month memberships are not available in ACT Fitness First Clubs
- Qantas Points will be credited approximately 65 days from the date your membership commences
Here is the offer page.
Other current bonus Qantas Points offers
Lucrative offer: earn 20,000 bonus Qantas Points by opening and depositing $350 into a new Australian Super account
Until 5 May, new Australian Super members who join via this promotional page and contribute at least $350 into their account within six months of opening it can earn 20,000 bonus Qantas Points.
You’ll receive the bonus points ‘approximately 2-3 months after meeting the join and contribution criteria.’
A few notes:
- Existing members and TTR (Transition to Retirement) Income accounts are ineligible for the bonus points offer
- You’ll be charged an administrative fee of $2.25/week
- You may be charged an investment fee of 0.66% of your balance
- You can avoid insurance premiums if you opt out of the insurance
- Whilst you cannot withdraw your funds until retirement, you can roll them over to another super fund in Australia—you may wish to wait until 1 July to do so as that is when the $35 exit fee will disappear
- This does not constitute individual tax advice but rather just passing on details of this promotion—contact a financial services professional if you need advice
Excellent deal: earn up to 15,000 bonus Qantas Points + $50 off with HelloFresh food delivery
This deal effectively allows you to ‘buy’ Qantas Points at half of their target value—and that doesn’t even take into account the value of the food.
- 5,000 bonus Qantas Points and $25 off on the first box
- another 5,000 bonus points and $25 off on the second box
- another 5,000 bonus points (but no discount) if you get to your tenth box
How to access the offer
- Subscribe to a weekly Classic, Veggie or Family Box using promo code HFQANTAS15K
- Make sure that the email address you enter into the HelloFresh website is the same as the one in your Qantas account
There does not seem to be an expiry date on this offer. This offer excludes Tasmania.
You can start your order through the offer page.
What is HelloFresh?
If you aren’t familiar with the service, HelloFresh has made a video to explain how it works:
How to maximise this offer
The cheapest plan is the Veggie Plan for three meals a week with two servings each for $69.95, so with the $25 discount, you’d effectively be ‘buying’ the bonus Qantas Points at 0.8c a piece. That’s above our redemption target for Qantas Points at 2c each, so this is a fantastic deal—and that calcuation doesn’t even take into account the value of the food.
Earn more by referring
If you want to refer friends and family, you’ll earn 1,000 bonus Qantas Points and $50 off your next order for each one—and they’ll get $50 credit towards their first box. To refer a friend, log into your HelloFresh account and share your HelloShare code.
Terms and conditions
Here are the full terms and conditions of the offer:
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. Meal box offer available to Qantas Frequent Flyer members and is only valid on deliveries of a Classic Box, Veggie Box or Family Box. Use of promo code HFQANTAS15 will automatically sign you up to an ongoing weekly subscription. You’ll receive $25 off your first box order plus 5,000 bonus Qantas Points on your first box order. Members must receive their first box within 4 weeks of signing up for the offer to be valid. You’ll receive $25 off your second box order plus 5,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 60 days of your second order. Members must receive their second box within 4 weeks of receiving their first box for the offer to be valid. 5,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 60 days of your tenth order. Members must receive their tenth box within 20 weeks of receiving their first box for the offer to be valid. Meal box offer is only valid within HelloFresh delivery areas. Delivery area excludes Tasmania. Changes to box types or box subscriptions can be made before Tuesday 11:59PM AEST/AEDT (for WA, SA, NT) or by Wednesday 11:59PM AEST/AEDT (for QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC) prior to the week of your next scheduled delivery. Full terms and conditions available on HelloFresh.com.au
If you are looking for when Qantas has offered bonus Status Credits in the past, check out this separate guide.
- Ongoing?: Up to 15,000 bonus points + $50 off with HelloFresh food delivery; up to 18,000 bonus Qantas Points for completing a CSIRO diet
- April 2019: Double points on all Qantas and Emirates
flights;Earn 10,000 bonus Qantas Points for joining Fitness First February2019: 20,000 bonus points for new Australian Super accounts; 3 points on Woolworths Online purchases; up to 50,000 bonus points for new Caltex StarCards; 8,700 bonus points for new Woolworths Home & Contents Insurance policies; 5 bonus points for each night of ‘good sleep’ with the Qantas Wellbeing app
- November 2018: Double points on all Qantas and Emirates flights
- April-May 2018: 1000 bonus points on your next domestic or international Qantas flight with a QF flight number; double points on selected Qantas and Emirates international flights
- March 2018: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- February 2018: Double Qantas Points on eBay purchases
- January 2018: 1,000 bonus points and free upgrade on car rentals with Avis and Budget
- November 2017: Double points on Qantas and China Eastern flights to/from and within China; 10,000 bonus points with a Samsung Galaxy S8 purchase
- September 2017: Double points on Qantas and Emirates flights to Europe, Singapore and Dubai; 300 bonus points for downloading Qantas Money app
- August 2017: 20,000 bonus points with a Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ purchase
- April to June 2017: Double points on partner transactions, up to 5,000 points per month (there are reports of this promotion not being honoured by Qantas)
- April 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights and QF-coded Emirates flights to NZ
- January 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- July 2016: Triple points on Qantas Economy Class flights and Emirates codeshare flights to the UK
Ongoing opportunities to boost your Qantas Points balance
There are a number of other ways to earn bonus Qantas Points, including by signing up to a Qantas Points-earning credit card, buying wine through Qantas Wine, swiping your Woolworths Rewards card and booking accommodation through Airbnb.
And here are some of the best ways to use them.