If you are chasing Qantas status and have some travel in mind, now is a good time to book. Make sure you register or this promotion first.
The last two times this deal was on offer was in August and back in February.
Current offer: Double Status Credits for bookings made until 16 October
The eligible travel period is wide open—flights from later this month until the end of June are included—along with all domestic and international flights in any class of travel.
As long as you fly on a QF-coded flight on a Qantas-operated aircraft, i.e. you’ll need to ensure you’re actually flying on a Qantas plane, not a partner like Emirates or Cathay Pacific, you should be eligible to earn double Status Credits.
You’ll need to register first, and there’s nothing lost by doing so other than about 60 seconds of your time—so even if you think you’ll be chasing down Qantas status in the next 12 months, then register anyway and consider if there are any bookings you could make now instead of after the promotion ends.
The promotion is likely designed to drive forward bookings for Qantas into the next year.
The SCs will credit within six weeks of completed travel but changed/cancelled bookings are not eligible for the promotion.
Here are the instructions:
- Register for the offer (all passengers in the booking must register separately to earn double Status Credits)
- Book an eligible Qantas-operated flight between 11 and 16 October 2018, for travel between 23 October 2018 and 30 June 2019
- Don’t forget to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in your booking to ensure you earn the double Status Credits
- Once registered, you can make multiple bookings to earn double Status Credits during the promotion
- October 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights
- August 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights
- April-May 2018: 1000 bonus Qantas Points on your next domestic or international Qantas flight with a QF flight number; double points on selected Qantas and Emirates international flights
- March 2018: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- February 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights; double Qantas Points on eBay purchases
- January 2018: 1000 bonus points and free upgrade on car rentals with Avis and Budget
- November 2017: Double points on Qantas and China Eastern flights to/from and within China; 10,000 bonus points with a Samsung Galaxy S8 purchase
- September 2017: Double points on Qantas and Emirates flights to Europe, Singapore and Dubai; double Status Credits on all Qantas flights (targeted); 300 bonus points for downloading Qantas Money app
- August 2017: 20,000 bonus points with a Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ purchase
- April to June 2017: Double points on partner transactions, up to 5,000 points per month (there are reports of this promotion not being honoured by Qantas)
- April 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights and QF-coded Emirates flights to NZ
- January 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- July 2016: Triple points on Qantas Economy flights and Emirates codeshare flights to the UK
Ongoing opportunities to boost your Qantas Points balance
There are a number of other ways to earn bonus Qantas Points, including by signing up to a Qantas Points-earning credit card, buying wine through EpiQure, swiping your Woolworths Rewards card and booking accommodation through Airbnb.
And here are some of the best ways to use them.