By taking advantage of these current offers, you can supercharge your Qantas Points balance. The promotions encompass superannuation, groceries, petrol, insurance, wellbeing and food delivery.
To put the total of these offers in perspective, 96,000 Qantas Points can get you a one-way Business Class flight from the East Coast or Adelaide to the US.
Take advantage of all of these offers can you could be flying in this lie-flat seat to the US
This guide keeps track of bonus points promotions to boost your Qantas Frequent Flyer balance.
Lucrative offer: earn 20,000 bonus Qantas Points by opening and depositing $350 into a new Australian Super account
Until 5 May, new Australian Super members who join via this promotional page and contribute at least $350 into their account within six months of opening it can earn 20,000 bonus Qantas Points.
You’ll receive the bonus points ‘approximately 2-3 months after meeting the join and contribution criteria.’
A few notes:
- Existing members and TTR (Transition to Retirement) Income accounts are ineligible for the bonus points offer
- You’ll be charged an administrative fee of $1.50/week until 29 March, increasing to $2.25/week from 30 March onwards
- You may be charged an investment fee of 0.66% of your balance
- You can avoid insurance premiums if you opt out of the insurance
- Whilst you cannot withdraw your funds until retirement, you can roll them over to another super fund in Australia—you may wish to wait until 1 July to do so as that is when the $35 exit fee will disappear
- This does not constitute individual tax advice but rather just passing on details of this promotion—contact a financial services professional if you need advice
For grocery spend: earn 3 Qantas Points per $ spent at Woolworths Online
Until 4 February, the earn rate for online purchases at Woolworths has jumped from the regular 2 to 3 Qantas Points per $ spent.
You’ll need to click through the Qantas Shopping portal first.
You can also stack this offer with the regular earn of 1 Woolworths Rewards point (=0.435 Qantas Points) per $ spent by entering your Woolworths Rewards number, as well as up to 3 additional points for using a credit card that awards bonus points on supermarket spend. More info on that here.
For business owners: earn up to 50,000 bonus Qantas Points with Caltex
- Apply and successfully open a new StarCard account by 28 February
- Link your StarCard and Qantas Business Rewards accounts by 28 February
- Spend a minimum of $150 on your StarCard account per month for five months
- You’ll receive 10,000 Qantas Points for each month that you meet the spend criteria within the five months after linking your accounts
There is a monthly fee of $2.95 per card.
For those looking for home insurance: 8,700 bonus Qantas Points for a new policy
Until 28 February, Woolworths Rewards members (excluding Tasmanian residents) who take out a new, combined Woolworths Home & Contents Insurance policy can earn 20,000 bonus Woolworths Rewards points. Those convert to 8,700 Qantas Points if you are opted into automatic conversion (which you should be if you are looking to build your Qantas Points balance).
You need to enter promo code WOW20K as well as your Woolworths Rewards details when applying online.
The Woolworths Rewards bonus points will be loaded within 45 days of the first premium being paid in full.
It seems there is a 30% discount on this type of online policy right now.
This does not constitute individual insurance advice.
Best for Qantas Insurance customers: earn 0.5-5 Qantas Points for sleeping ‘well’ each night
To promote good sleep, between 31 January and 28 February, you can earn 5 bonus Qantas Points for every night you:
- Set a bedtime routine within the Qantas Wellbeing app;
- Put down your phone at least 30 minutes before your set sleeping time; and
- Don’t move your phone during the night
Here is how the promotion is described:
5 Qantas Points is the number of points that can be earned through the Sleep Health Challenge per night through the Qantas Wellbeing App between 31 January to 28 February 2019. After this period, Qantas Frequent Flyer members who do not have an Eligible Qantas Insurance Product or have completed the 28-Day Trial will earn Qantas Points at a reduced rate.
We value Qantas Points at 2c each, meaning each night of ‘good sleep’ during the promotion earns you a paltry 10 cents. If you don’t have an insurance product with them, then that will drop to 0.5 Qantas Points per night from 1 March.
So this promotion is best maximised by those who already have the Qantas Wellbeing app and have a Qantas Insurance product. Read more about this promo in our guide here.
Excellent deal: earn up to 15,000 bonus Qantas Points + $50 off with HelloFresh food delivery
This deal effectively allows you to ‘buy’ Qantas Points at half of their target value—and that doesn’t even take into account the value of the food.
- 5,000 bonus Qantas Points and $25 off on the first box
- another 5,000 bonus points and $25 off on the second box
- another 5,000 bonus points (but no discount) if you get to your tenth box
How to access the offer
- Subscribe to a weekly Classic, Veggie or Family Box using promo code HFQANTAS15K
- Make sure that the email address you enter into the HelloFresh website is the same as the one in your Qantas account
There does not seem to be an expiry date on this offer. This offer excludes Tasmania.
You can start your order through the offer page.
What is HelloFresh?
If you aren’t familiar with the service, HelloFresh has made a video to explain how it works:
How to maximise this offer
The cheapest plan is the Veggie Plan for three meals a week with two servings each for $69.95, so with the $25 discount, you’d effectively be ‘buying’ the bonus Qantas Points at 0.8c a piece. That’s above our redemption target for Qantas Points at 2c each, so this is a fantastic deal—and that calcuation doesn’t even take into account the value of the food.
Earn more by referring
If you want to refer friends and family, you’ll earn 1,000 bonus Qantas Points and $50 off your next order for each one—and they’ll get $50 credit towards their first box. To refer a friend, log into your HelloFresh account and share your HelloShare code.
Terms and conditions
Here are the full terms and conditions of the offer:
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. Meal box offer available to Qantas Frequent Flyer members and is only valid on deliveries of a Classic Box, Veggie Box or Family Box. Use of promo code HFQANTAS15 will automatically sign you up to an ongoing weekly subscription. You’ll receive $25 off your first box order plus 5,000 bonus Qantas Points on your first box order. Members must receive their first box within 4 weeks of signing up for the offer to be valid. You’ll receive $25 off your second box order plus 5,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 60 days of your second order. Members must receive their second box within 4 weeks of receiving their first box for the offer to be valid. 5,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 60 days of your tenth order. Members must receive their tenth box within 20 weeks of receiving their first box for the offer to be valid. Meal box offer is only valid within HelloFresh delivery areas. Delivery area excludes Tasmania. Changes to box types or box subscriptions can be made before Tuesday 11:59PM AEST/AEDT (for WA, SA, NT) or by Wednesday 11:59PM AEST/AEDT (for QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC) prior to the week of your next scheduled delivery. Full terms and conditions available on HelloFresh.com.au
- Ongoing?: Earn up to 15,000 bonus points + $50 off with HelloFresh food delivery
- February 2019: 20,000 bonus points for new Australian Super accounts; 3 points on Woolworths Online purchases; up to 50,000 bonus points for new Caltex StarCards; 8,700 bonus points for new Woolworths Home & Contents Insurance policies; 5 bonus points for each night of ‘good sleep’ with the Qantas Wellbeing app
- November 2018: Double points on all Qantas and Emirates flights
- October 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights
- August 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights
- April-May 2018: 1000 bonus points on your next domestic or international Qantas flight with a QF flight number; double points on selected Qantas and Emirates international flights
- March 2018: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- February 2018: Double Status Credits on all Qantas flights; double Qantas Points on eBay purchases
- January 2018: 1,000 bonus points and free upgrade on car rentals with Avis and Budget
- November 2017: Double points on Qantas and China Eastern flights to/from and within China; 10,000 bonus points with a Samsung Galaxy S8 purchase
- September 2017: Double points on Qantas and Emirates flights to Europe, Singapore and Dubai; double Status Credits on all Qantas flights (targeted); 300 bonus points for downloading Qantas Money app
- August 2017: 20,000 bonus points with a Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ purchase
- April to June 2017: Double points on partner transactions, up to 5,000 points per month (there are reports of this promotion not being honoured by Qantas)
- April 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights and QF-coded Emirates flights to NZ
- January 2017: Double points on all Qantas-coded and -operated flights
- July 2016: Triple points on Qantas Economy Class flights and Emirates codeshare flights to the UK
Ongoing opportunities to boost your Qantas Points balance
There are a number of other ways to earn bonus Qantas Points, including by signing up to a Qantas Points-earning credit card, buying wine through Qantas Wine, swiping your Woolworths Rewards card and booking accommodation through Airbnb.
And here are some of the best ways to use them.