Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is currently offering a great promotion – up to 70% bonus Virgin Points (not to be confused with Virgin Australia’s Velocity Points) on all purchases made before 31 March 2023.
As a newly-minted SkyTeam member and a partner airline of many other carriers, your Virgin Points can go a long way. Some of the best sweet spots in loyalty programs are with Flying Club, such as 45,000 Virgin Points for ANA Business Class between Sydney and Tokyo.
The current Virgin Atlantic purchase points promotion
|Expiry: 10:59 am AEDT 1 April 2023 (11:59 pm GMT, 31 March 2023)|
- Offer: 15% – 70% off (tiered) when you buy points
- 5,000 – 24,000 points = 20% bonus
- 25,000 – 69,000 points = 30% bonus
- 70,000 – 124,000 points = 50% bonus
- 125,000 – 200,000 points = 70% bonus
- Book awards online: Virgin Atlantic, Delta, KLM, Air France, Korean Air, Middle East Airlines
- Book awards over the phone: all other Flying Club partner redemptions need to be booked over the phone. You can search for availability through partner airline websites.
- Call: +44 (0)344 874 7747 from outside the UK, or +1 800 862 8621 for the US contact centre. Anecdotally, you might also get good service from the Hong Kong office at +852 2532 3000.
This Virgin Atlantic promotion yields a decent per point price of ~1.61 cents AUD when buying exactly 340,800 points for £3,015 (~AU$5,477). You can easily get far more value than that when redeeming for Business and First Class flights.
Points purchases are refundable within 14 days of the transaction. This is a great failsafe if you just can’t find any reward availability for your dates and want your money back. The cost of buying Virgin Points varies whether your account is based in the UK or US. These figures are based on a UK-based account.
Keeping an eye on the rhythm of mileage purchase offers can help you be more informed about when to buy. Our history starts from early 2021 and will continue to be updated.
|Date||Bonus offer (%)||Notes|
|February-March 2022||60%||70% for Flying Club Silver/Gold|
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is a bit of an unusual program for Australian travellers. But as a SkyTeam member and a partner airline of many other carriers, it’s definitely worth considering buying Virgin Points for flights when Virgin Atlantic has a promotion.
You will need to call up to book most partner rewards, but it’s worth the hassle if you can snag a cheap Business or First Class redemption. We also like how you can refund purchased points within 14 days, just in case your plans don’t work out.