Australian online streaming service Stan has launched a partnership with American Express, offering cardholders a free three-month Standard subscription for new customers or a free upgrade to Premium for existing customers.
Stan’s main competitors in Australia are Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
Do note that Stan usually offers a 30-day free trial for any of its three plans, which cost the following thereafter:
- Basic: $10/month
- Standard: $12/month
- Premium: $15/month
The main differences between the Standard and Premium plans are the number of devices you can use and the quality of the video, as shown on the Stan subscription plans page:
Terms and conditions of the offer
- For new subscribers to the Stan Service, a three-month complimentary subscription to the Standard Plan
- For existing subscribers to the Stan Service, a complimentary three-month upgrade to the Premium Plan (excluding existing Premium Plan subscribers)
- Eligible cards are American Express-issued and bank-issued (Westpac, CommBank and NAB) American Express cards
- Offer expires 31 December 2017
- At the end of the Offer Period, Stan will commence billing your Billing Card the Stan Service monthly fees for the plan which you are using at the end of the Offer Period, unless you cancel your Stan account before the end of the Offer Period
You can read the full terms and conditions here.
To access this offer, you must register through the promotion page.
This is a no-brainer for those with an American Express card, worth $36 for new subscribers.