Enrich is the loyalty program of Malaysia Airlines. Thanks to its membership in the global oneworld Alliance, Enrich members can earn and burn points across a wide range of partners. These include Qantas, Qatar Airways and Cathay Pacific, among many more.
Being based in Malaysia, there aren’t quite as many opportunities to earn and spend points for Australian members. But it’s still possible to earn meaningful rewards if you play your cards right. As more of a ‘niche’ program in the Australian market, getting the most from Enrich requires more strategy than with other programs.
This makes it a better fit for those who regularly travel to Malaysia – and fly with Malaysia Airlines – than those who don’t. Curious? Keep reading to learn more.
How do I join Malaysia Airlines Enrich?
It’s free to sign up to Malaysia Airlines Enrich. You can join via the Malaysia Airlines website. Then, navigate to Log In / Sign Up on the right-side menu bar, before choosing ‘Enrich’ from the drop-down menu. Here are the steps to follow.
- Go to the Malaysia Airlines homepage.
- Look for ‘Log In / Sign Up’ on the right-side menu bar, before choosing ‘Enrich’ from the drop-down menu.
- Near the bottom of the login screen, choose ‘Create a new Enrich account now’.
- Follow the steps to enter your email. You’ll need to verify your address with a code before continuing.
- Choose a password and enter your personal details.
- Click ‘Sign Up’ to finalise your registration.
How do I earn Malaysia Airlines Enrich Points?
As probably goes without saying, the quickest way to earn Enrich Points in Australia is to fly with Malaysia Airlines. Flights taken on Malaysia Airlines’ partners could also profit your Enrich account.
|1.5 Points per RM1 spent
|1.6 Points per RM1 spent
|2 Points per RM1 spent
|2.2 Points per RM1 spent
For example, an Enrich Platinum member booking a Kuala Lumpur-Sydney fare for RM1,500 [~A$501] would stand to earn roughly 3,300 Enrich Points.
With partner airlines, Enrich Points are earned based on the fare type and distance flown. These partners are:
|Royal Air Maroc
You could also:
- Earn Enrich Points from hotel stays with booked with chains such as Hilton Honors and IHG One Rewards.
- Buy Enrich Points starting from US$0.025 (2.5 US cents) each. A minimum purchase of 1,000 Enrich Points (US$25) applies.
There are other ways to earn points when you’re based in Malaysia, such as through financial products and shopping. But of course, these don’t really apply for members based in Australia.
How do I redeem Malaysia Airlines Enrich Points?
The best starting point is Malaysia Airlines’ award chart, which details the costs in Enrich Points for the airline’s flights. For example, flights between Kuala Lumpur and Australia cost 21,000 Points in Economy and 49,000 Points in Business Class.
A different award chart applies for reward bookings with oneworld member airlines. The points needed depends on distance travelled, as well as the cabin. Return journeys demonstrate much better value than one-way.
If you wanted to fly Qantas Business Class between Perth and Singapore (2,421 miles), then you’d need 82,000 Points one-way or 125,000 Points return, plus any associated carrier charges and taxes.
How do I earn Malaysia Airlines Enrich elite status?
Enrich has three main elite status levels – Silver, Gold and Platinum. These status levels are achieved by earning Elite Points.
You can earn anywhere between one to 12 Elite Points per eligible flight. The exact number earned depends on the route, airline and cabin class. Here’s what that looks like when flying with Malaysia Airlines
|Business Suite (First)
|Up to 500 miles
|8,001 miles +
To achieve or maintain: 30 Elite Points
Oneworld equivalent: Ruby
Benefits of Enrich Silver include:
- Earn 1.6 Enrich Points per RM1 spent on flights marketed by Malaysia Airlines.
- 5kg extra baggage allowance with Malaysia Airlines.
- Priority check-in and boarding.
- Priority airport waitlist and standby.
To achieve or maintain: 60 Elite Points
Oneworld equivalent: Sapphire
Building on the base benefits of Silver, Gold members can:
- Earn two Enrich Points per RM1 spent on Malaysia Airlines-marketed flights.
- Dedicated service line for Enrich Gold members.
- Priority baggage delivery, with an allowance 50% greater than shown on your ticket.
- Business Class lounge access + one guest on Malaysia Airlines and oneworld flights.
To achieve or maintain: 100 Elite Points
Oneworld equivalent: Emerald
As the highest Enrich tier, members can:
- Earn 2.2 Enrich Points per RM1 spent on Malaysia Airlines-marketed flights.
- Complimentary Enrich Platinum membership for your partner.
- Enrich Points don’t expire while Platinum status is maintained.
- Priority First Class check-in, boarding and baggage, where available.
- Complimentary standard seat selection more than 48 hours prior to the flight departure. Complimentary extra-legroom seats within 48 hours of flight departure during check-on only.
- 100% extra baggage allowance on Malaysia Airlines flights.
- Access to First Class lounges where offered, when flying on Malaysia Airlines and oneworld carriers.
How do I contact Malaysia Airlines Enrich?
To get in touch with Malaysia Airlines Enrich about a membership enquiry or flight redemption, try:
- Calling 13 26 27 or (03) 7843 3000 within Australia.
- Sending them a direct message on Twitter or Facebook.
- Submitting an online enquiry.
While the call centre might be the quickest way to resolve your issue, try the social media channels if the line is busy or you’re not able to call overseas numbers.
Malaysia Airlines’ Enrich is a relatively niche program that’s best suited for those that either live or travel to Malaysia often.
It ticks all the boxes in terms of offering numerous ways to earn and redeem Enrich Points. Enrich’s redemption rates in Business Class on Malaysia Airlines’ Australian routes are also compelling, for those able to earn enough Enrich Points.
Additional reporting by Chris Chamberlin.
Frequently asked questions
At the time of writing, it takes 33,000 Points in Economy or 86,000 Points in Business Class to fly one-way from Kuala Lumpur to London.
Login to your Enrich account on the Malaysia Airlines website to check your current points balance.
Malaysia Airlines Enrich Points typically expire three years after the month they are earned.
Enrich is the frequent flyer program of Malaysia Airlines. Holding Enrich membership enables you to earn and redeem Enrich Points on flights, as well as earn Enrich status if you’re a frequent traveller.