KrisFlyer miles are one of the more valuable mileage currencies for us in Australia and we usually focus on their Business and First Class redemptions as being ‘the deal’.
KrisFlyer are offering 30% off their usual full redemption prices for Business and Economy travel in November to and from Singapore and a range of destinations, with highlights being Sydney, Melbourne and Paris.
Some destinations have specific flight numbers and blackout dates, like 17-30 November for Sydney and Melbourne, and 4-6 November for Paris. Presumably, that is because flights on those dates are quite full.
Now that KrisFlyer no longer apply fuel surcharges to redemptions on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir flights, the value of these redemptions has increased as you only have to pay the taxes and fees.
Enjoy 30% KrisFlyer miles redemption discount when you use your KrisFlyer miles online for selected Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flights on singaporeair.com, from now till 31 October 2017. Choose from any of the flights below and travel from 1 to 30 November 2017 inclusive.
The discount will automatically be applied during the booking process.
For example, the cost of a one-way Business Class redemption from Sydney or Melbourne to Singapore drops from 58,000 to 40,600 KrisFlyer miles (plus less than $100 in taxes – it is even less flying home).
There are specific flights numbers that are eligible:
- Melbourne to Singapore: daily SQ208 on an Airbus A350 with the newest Business Class product (great redemption!)
The newest Business Class product is on the A350 and retrofitted 777-300ER aircraft
- Singapore to Melbourne: not daily SQ247 on an older Airbus A330 with angled-flat seats (you may want to pay more to get on a newer aircraft)
- Sydney to Singapore: not daily SQ252 on a Boeing 777-200ER with the second-newest lie-flat product (good redemption)
- Singapore to Sydney: daily SQ231 on an Airbus A380 with, again, the same product as the 777-200ER (good redemption)
The second-best Business Class product is on the A380 and retrofitted 777-200ER aircraft
If you add on another leg to another discounted destination like Paris, the promotion will apply to both sectors, i.e. you don’t have to make two separate bookings.
Note that there are blackout dates for some routes, so check the promotion page for more details.
There are indications that this promotion will run 3-4 times a year (rather than more infrequently).
- October 2017 (current offer): 30% off Business and Economy redemptions
- August 2017: 30% off Business and Economy redemptions
- July 2017: 30% off Economy redemptions
- November 2016: 30% off Premium Economy and Economy redemptions
- July 2016: 50% off Business and Economy redemptions (SilkAir only)
- May 2015: 50% off Economy redemptions
- September 2011: 50% off Business and Economy redemptions
Transfer points from Velocity to KrisFlyer
You could also consider transferring over your Velocity points to KrisFlyer to take advantage of this deal and get some decent value from your Velocity balance.