If you have Gold status or above with any other hotel program, then Hilton Honors is offering to match it to their Gold status.
This content contains affiliate links, through which Point Hacks may earn commissions from transactions such as new customers, bookings and enquiries. Further information on our advertising policy can be found here.
- Matches status from Marriott Bonvoy, Le Club AccorHotels, IHG Rewards Club, World of Hyatt, Choice Privileges or any other hotel loyalty program
- You’ll get a free Gold status match for 90 days
- You can extend your status until March 2021 if you stay 10 nights (for Gold) or 18 nights (for Diamond) within that 90-day period
- You’ll need to show proof of existing status and previous stays in your application
- While usually these status match offers are ‘once per lifetime’, i.e. previous recipients cannot apply again, my experience has been that they will allow you to try again after a year to two. Be grateful if they do though, rather than to expect it
Why is this offer valuable?
Gold status will offer you the fifth night free on award redemptions, handy for reducing the cost of longer stays. Plus you’ll get free breakfast, which can save you plenty of money, particularly in more expensive ‘remote’ destinations like islands.
Diamond offers Executive lounge access and additional points on top the benefits of Gold.
You can read more about status and benefits in our introduction to the Hilton Honors program.
There doesn’t seem to be an expiration date on this promotion, but we’d suggest getting in sooner rather than later (depending on when you are planning Hilton stays to extend your status).
The status match offer has consistently been offered in recent years, showing that Hilton uses it as a tool to simply encourage extra bookings—rather than being strict on it being a ‘one-time’ offer.
Do you plan to take advantage of this status match offer? Let us know your match experience in the comments below.