Passengers departing on an international flight from Brisbane can now take advantage of four new lounges opened in 2016, with this guide highlighting the Qantas International Premium and Plaza Premium Lounges. The other two are the Singapore Airlines SilverKris and Air New Zealand Koru Lounges.
The Plaza Premium lounge is a particularly good win – it’s the first substantial lounge in Australia offering access via Priority Pass – until now the only other option has been the ageing Reef Lounge in Cairns.
In this guide, we give you a tour of the lounges and explain how to gain access to them.
Qantas International Premium Lounge
Qantas has combined their First and Business Class offerings into one Premium lounge, as it has done in Singapore and Hong Kong.
It is located on Level 4 of the International Terminal and the opening hours are from 5am until midnight.
The lounge incorporates design elements from Queensland, including timber and inspiration from the Great Barrier Reef.
Qantas is also updating its Qantas Club and Domestic Business Lounge in the Domestic Terminal, as well as adding an invitation-only Chairman’s Lounge.
By credit card
There are currently four credit cards that each offer two entries per calendar year to Qantas Clubs, International Premium or Business Lounges as a perk.
By cabin or elite status
- Qantas, Emirates & Jetstar Business or First Class ticket holders: prior to a same-day Qantas, Jetstar Business Max or Emirates flight in Business or First Class
- Qantas Gold, Platinum and Platinum One members: prior to a Qantas, Jetstar, Emirates, China Eastern or oneworld flight in any cabin class
- Qantas Club members and Qantas Club Annual Guest Card holders: prior to a Qantas or Jetstar flight in any cabin class
- oneworld Sapphire, Emerald, International Business and International First members: prior to a oneworld flight in any cabin class
- Emirates Gold and Platinum Skywards members: prior to a Qantas or Emirates flight in any cabin class
- China Eastern Platinum Eastern Miles members: prior to a Qantas or China Eastern flight to mainland China (excludes Hong Kong)
Qantas do not openly sell single one-off passes to their lounges, however they may invite a Qantas Frequent Flyer member on a Qantas-marketed and -operated flight the opportunity to purchase a single Qantas lounge entry on the day of their flight.
Plaza Premium Lounge
This lounge has joined the Reef Lounge at Cairns Airport as the second Priority Pass lounge in Australia.
Like its Qantas counterpart, it is also located on Level 4 of the International Terminal, between Gates 81 and 82.
Its opening hours are from 5:30am until 11pm, with alcohol served from 7am.
There is complimentary buffet-style food, beer and wine, with spirits available for purchase.
Early reviews are talking about good tarmac views and customer service, but that the lounge is on the small side.
Read more about this and other Plaza Premium lounges in our Plaza Premium lounge guide.
Being a member of the global lounge network Priority Pass will get you entry into this lounge.
There are five cards offering Priority Pass membership, with that Westpac Altitude Black mentioned above also offering access to this lounge.
Whilst you can pay $66 for five-hour entry pass, use the Dragonpass hack to get in for less than half that price.
All images are courtesy of Qantas, Plaza Premium and Priority Pass.