You can get between 40,000 and 100,000 Velocity points when buying a selected new or demo Holden this month or next, which we estimate at $560-1,400 in extra value (based on our valuation of Velocity Points at 1.4c per point).
The promotion details
- Up to MY15 Malibu will earn 40,000 Velocity Points
- Up to MY16 Astra, Barina, Cruze Equipe, Cruze CD, Cruze CDX, Cascada, Insignia will earn 40,000 Velocity Points
- Up to MY17 Spark will earn 40,000 Velocity Points
- Up to MY16 Ute, LWB, Commodore will earn 70,000 Velocity Points
- Up to MY16 Captiva, Colorado 7, Trax will earn 75,000 Velocity Points
- Up to MY16 Colorado 4X2 40,000 (excludes MY17)
- Up to MY16 Cruze Z-Series, Cruze Sri-Z 100,000 Velocity Points
- Up to MY16 Colorado 4 x 4 (excludes MY17) will earn 100,000 Velocity Points
You can view all the models here.
Once you buy the car, you need to submit a claim for your points online by 30 October and the points will credited within 28 days.
The promotional page notes that ‘Velocity Points will not be allocated if an order is cancelled or refunded prior to collection of the vehicle.’
What could you do with your Velocity points?
To put the bonus points into perspective:
- 35,500 points would get you a one-way Business Class flight from Sydney or Brisbane to Nadi on Virgin Australia
- 49,500 points would get you a one-way First Class flight from Los Angeles to New York on Virgin America
- 53,000 points would get you a one-way Business Class ticket from Perth to Singapore on Singapore Airlines
- 77,467 points would get you a one-way First Class Suite from Frankfurt to New York on Singapore Airlines (if you transfer your Velocity points to KrisFlyer)
You can read more about our best uses of Velocity points here.
Images courtesy of Holden and Velocity Frequent Flyer.