Japan is fast becoming Australia’s new favourite holiday destination, and for good reason. A vast cultural history, endless natural landscapes and lively modern cities provide plenty of delights for every traveller. And did we mention how quick and easy it is to travel to Japan from Australia?
Before you start planning your dream trip to Japan, have a read of our guides below. We’ve covered everything you need to know, including booking accommodation, what to expect when flying to Japan, and our top picks of must-do experiences to add to your itinerary.
Accommodation in Japan
Japan offers various types of accommodation that cater to budget and luxury travellers alike. But did you know that plenty of unique types of accommodation are best experienced in Japan? Find out more about booking hotels, Airbnbs, ryokans and capsule hotels in Japan. Plus, members of hotel loyalty programs in Australia can select from thousands of properties to reap additional benefits. Explore our accommodation guides to find the best places to stay in Japan.
- Your ultimate guide to Japan accommodation: where to stay
- Conrad Hotel Osaka review
- The Westin Miyako Kyoto Deluxe Garden View room overview
- The Westin Rusutsu Resort review
Flying to Japan
The secret’s out, and more airlines are jumping on board to make it easier for Australians to travel to Japan. Fly direct from Australia’s east coast to Tokyo or Osaka with Qantas, Jetstar, ANA or JAL. And if you want to hit the ground running and discover all that Japan has to offer, find out how joining a frequent flyer program in Australia can have you jetting to Japan in comfort and style.
- How to get to Japan using connecting flights
- What to expect when flying to Tokyo
- How to use your points to travel to Japan to see the cherry blossoms
- Japan Airlines 787-9 Business Class overview
Top tips for travelling to Japan
Get geared up with everything you need to know to travel to Japan. From the best time to visit Japan to see cherry blossoms, to delectable dishes to add to your bucket list, our Japan guides have covered every aspect of your trip.
- Best ways to get around Japan: transport from the airport and between cities
- The best time to visit Japan: weather by month
- 12 weird but cool things to do in Japan
- Top 10 things to do in Tokyo at night
- Top 8 best theme parks to visit in Japan
- 15 must-try food in Japan for first-time visitors
- My personal tips to make the most of your trip to Japan
- Top 10 most famous landmarks in Japan
- The top 9 most popular sports to experience during your trip to Japan
- 8 tips about Japanese culture every tourist should know