The Starwood Preferred Guest Triple Up promotion is back, with up to triple points on offer for stays of two or more nights.
- Triple points (three points per 1 USD spent) on stays at Sheraton hotels;
- Double points on stays at all other hotel brands (e.g. Westin, W, Le Méridien); and
- An extra 1000 points for stays that include a Friday or Saturday night (Thursday or Friday night in the Middle East and Malaysia)
This promotion is in addition to the points earned for being a SPG member (two points per dollar for regular members, three points for Gold and Platinum members, or four points per dollar for SPG members who stay 75+ nights in a calendar year).
You can read our SPG status guide here.
For a two-night mid-week stay at the Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort, you would earn around 1250 Starpoints with the Triple Up promotion. Valuing Starpoints at ~3 cents each, this equates to ~$38 in dollar terms.
If your stay included a Friday or Saturday, that would add another 1000 points, or ~$30 in value.
- Register by 17 July 2016 at spg.com/tripleup
- Stay between 9 May and 31 July 2016 for a minimum of two nights
- Must be booked through the SPG site or a travel agent. Bookings made through third-party websites like Expedia are not eligible
- Bonus points will be posted within 2–4 weeks after the qualifying stay
- You can access our full SPG guides here
There are more hotels included than in previous promotions, but to be sure, check the list of participating hotels before you book.
Here are the participating hotels in Australia:
New South Wales
Whilst the two-night minimum stay is restrictive, the expanded number of participating hotels makes this Triple Up promotion better than the last. We recommend registering now so you don’t miss out on picking up extra points on your next SPG booking.