If you are planning or considering travel with Qantas or Jetstar sometime in 2021, now is the time to book. Until 28 May 2021, you’ll enjoy 30% off the points needed for Classic Flight Rewards in both Business and Economy Class! Discounts like this are rare, so be sure to get cracking if you’ve got the points to burn now.
Deal: 30% off Qantas and Jetstar reward seats
Eligible routes & cabins
- All Qantas and Jetstar-operated routes within/between Australia or New Zealand
- All cabins, including Economy and Business Class
- Travel from 1 July 2021 to 9 December 2021
- Book from 10am AEST 24 May 2021 until 11:59pm AEST 28 May 2021
For a limited time, simply book a Classic Flight Reward in either Business or Economy on eligible Qantas and Jetstar operated flights within Australia or New Zealand, or across the Tasman, and you’ll travel further with less points. With 50% more Classic Flight Reward seats available and the option to change or cancel your booking free of charge until 28 February 2022 there’s no time like now to reward yourself.
Hurry, offer ends 11.59pm (AEST) 28 May 2021.
Here are the updated points needed for eligible routes (but taxes are not included):
|Distance||Qantas Economy||Qantas Business||Jetstar Economy|
e.g. Melbourne to Sydney
e.g. Cairns to Brisbane
e.g. Sydney to Perth
e.g. Perth to Auckland via Sydney
With this promo, it’s a no brainer to book any Qantas domestic or trans-Tasman flights you have your eyes on, particularly those on the Airbus A330 or Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
The trans-continental treks from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide to Perth is now only 29,050 points in Business Class, down from 41,500 points – this rate is also true for East Coast to New Zealand flights.
How to take advantage of this promotion
- Log in to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account and select Use points to search for your flights
- Search for Economy or Business Classic Flight Rewards before 11:59pm AEDT on 28 May 2021 on Qantas or Jetstar-operated flights within or between Australia and New Zealand.
- Travel from 1 July 2021 to 9 December 2021
Getting the best value out of this promotion
You may want to aim to get at least 1.90 cents per point value from your Qantas Points, according to our current points valuations. So, if a one-way flight to Auckland costs $225 or 12,600 Qantas Points + $135 in taxes with this promotion, you’d be getting only ~0.7c per point value.
However, if your one-way Sydney to Perth flight in Qantas Business Class, which usually costs $2,572, is booked for 29,050 points and $36 taxes with this promotion, that’s an excellent 8.73 cents per point!
Previous promotions have run as follows:
|May 2021||30||Australian and New Zealand flights|
|February 2020||30||Select flights to New Zealand, Fiji and the US; includes Premium Economy & Business Class|
|December 2017||50||International only|
Quick and ongoing opportunities to boost your Qantas Points balance
Three of the quickest ways to top up your Qantas Frequent Flyer balance are to:
- transfer points from a family member: usually instant but can take up to an hour
- buy wine through Qantas Wine: usually within 24 hours but can take up to five business days
- buy top-up Qantas Points: instant but the most expensive option
More longer-term, you can earn Qantas Points by:
- signing up to a Qantas Points-earning credit card
- taking advantage of bonus Qantas Points offers
- swiping your Woolworths Rewards card and opting to earn Qantas Points
- booking accommodation through Airbnb
Note, though, that these promotions do not take into account the taxes and fees that Qantas charges on reward flight bookings; these are reasonable on domestic flights and a bit higher on trans-Tasman flights.
Frequently asked questions
Everyone’s financial situation, points balances and preferences are different. This means that the option of using points for Economy Class travel should not be written off. This guide can help you decide.
No, the discount does not extend to the ordinary surcharges and taxes that apply to Classic Flight Reward redemptions.
Yes, you can, but make sure to take into account any change or cancellation fees (may be waived due to COVID-19). If it works out, go for it.
Use the tables provided in our guide to check the pricing and see if it matches the base rate or the discounted rate.
This promotion covers travel on Qantas and Jetstar.
No, you cannot mix Qantas and Jetstar flights. That is because the required points for Jetstar redemptions are already 20% less than redemptions on Qantas flights.
No. As usual, you will not earn any points on award flights unless you are a Points Club member.
No, it does not.
This guide was originally written by Matt Moffitt.