Many Point Hacks readers are already Qantas Frequent Flyer members, however, in case you’re not, this post covers one of Qantas’ more bizarre policies — a joining fee for frequent flyer membership.
Qantas usually charges a $99.50 joining fee per person for Australian residents, but you can save that money by simply clicking through one of the links below!
Most overseas residents can get it free, with New Zealand residents charged NZ$60.
It is quite odd that they would actually want to charge for this, but in all fairness, it is simple to get around. And even if you’re a member already, these codes are useful for signing up friends and family when needed.
Qantas runs promotions for free memberships with their frequent flyer program partners, such as banks and other program partners. It is possible to find a range of promotional application codes, as these links follow a common format.
How do I join Qantas Frequent Flyer for free?
- Click on one of the free membership promo codes below
- Fill out the application on the Qantas Frequent Flyer website
- Accept the terms and conditions of the program
Ten free Qantas Frequent Flyer join codes
Just click on any of the links below to join – you don’t actually need to make any purchase or be involved with any of the partners below to benefit from their code.
- Avis: As one of Qantas’ car hire partners, Avis offers 4 Qantas Points per $1 spent in Australia or 700 Qantas Points per booking overseas.
- Deliveroo: Although Qantas and Deliveroo are no longer partners as of 2020, you can still use the Deliveroo code to join for free.
- Join your family for free: This is a special code advertised by Qantas Frequent Flyer themselves, offering free membership to the family of their frequent flyer members.
- Ingogo: Book taxis through the Ingogo app to receive 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent, plus the ability to pre-book and track your taxi ride.
- Qantas Joey Club: Budding young Qantas Frequent Flyers can sign-up through the Joey Club program, which provides activities and resources for kids when they are travelling.
- Luxury Escapes: Book your next luxurious all-inclusive hotel stay and earn 1 Qantas Points per $1 spent on your holiday.
- Qantas credit cards: If you sign up for a Qantas Points-earning credit card, such as the Qantas Premier Mastercard, and don’t yet have frequent flyer membership, then it will usually be offered to you for free.
- Red Energy: You could pocket up to 15,000 Qantas Points on sign up and earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on ongoing bills.
- Woolworths Rewards: As Qantas’ major supermarket partner, earn 1 Woolworths Rewards point per $1 spent at supermarkets, then swap them to Qantas Points. Read more here.
- Qantas Travel Money Card: If you’re not a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, then get the Qantas Travel Money card which is also your frequent flyer membership card! You earn 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent overseas. Read more here.
If any of these codes expire, you can always Google for new ones. You don’t have to be a member or customer of any of those businesses to use the free sign-up code. There is also no end difference between using different join codes.
Question: Is there a way to avoid the sign-up fee for Qantas Frequent Flyer? A code or sign-up link maybe?
Answer: Yes, you can sign up for a free Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and save $99.50 by using one of the links above!
Do you have a travel-related question?
- Search the Point Hacks website using the Looking For Something? box (located to the right-hand side of any post) to see if we have already answered your question in a post.
- You can post your question in the Questions & Answers section of our website and someone from the Point Hacks community, whether another reader or one of our team members, will hopefully be able to help you out.