Point Hacks reader Maxy posted this on the Questions & Answers section of our website:
Is there a way to avoid the sign-up fee for Qantas Frequent Flyer? A code or sign-up link maybe?
Qantas usually charges an $99.50 joining fee per person but you can save that money by simply clicking through one of the links below!
Most Point Hacks readers are inevitably going to already be Qantas Frequent Flyer members. However, in case you’re not, this post covers off one of Qantas’ more bizarre policies—their attempt to charge a one-off fee AU$99.50 for new members of Qantas Frequent Flyer with Australian addresses. Most overseas residents can get it free, with New Zealand residents charged NZ$60.
It is quite odd that they would actually want to charge for this but it is simple to get around. And even if you’re a member already, these codes are useful for signing up friends and family when needed.
How do I join Qantas Frequent Flyer for free?
- Find a free membership promo code
- Fill out the application on the Qantas Frequent Flyer website
- Accept the terms and conditions of the program
Qantas run promotions for free memberships with their frequent flyer program partners, such as banks and other program partners. It is possible to find a range of promotional application codes, as these links follow a common format.
Here is the full list that I have found that currently work:
If any of these codes expire, you can always Google for new ones.
Question: Is there a way to avoid the sign-up fee for Qantas Frequent Flyer? A code or sign-up link maybe?
Answer: Yes, you can sign up for a free Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and save $99.50 by using one of the links above!
Do you have a travel-related question?
- Search the Point Hacks website using the Looking For Something? box (located to the right-hand side of any post) to see if we have already answered your question in a post.
- You can post your question in the Questions & Answers section of our website and someone from the Point Hacks community, whether another reader or one of our team members, will hopefully be able to help you out.