Until 25 July, Velocity Frequent Flyer has upped their earn rate for Menulog food delivery orders from 2 points per $ spent to 10 points.
Given our valuation of Velocity Points at 1.9c a piece, this equates to earning 19% cashback on your orders.
To take advantage of this offer, make sure to navigate to the Menulog website through the Velocity eStore. For more information, read the step-by-step guide below.
In this guide
Earning Velocity Points with Menulog is a great opportunity to rack up a substantial number of frequent flyer points from what we do everyday—eat. This guide goes through the process of earning Velocity Points through Menulog.
Note that you must follow this process below. Going directly to the Menulog site and ordering from there will not earn you any Velocity Points, as your order cannot be tracked via cookies by Velocity. The same applies to in-app purchases—cookies cannot be tracked there, so orders placed via the Menulog app will not earn Velocity Points.
How many Velocity Points can I earn with Menulog?
The regular earn rate is 2 Velocity Points per dollar spent with Menulog.
If you prefer cashback, you’ll usually get 2.5-5% when clicking through Cashrewards’ affiliate link for Menulog.
How to earn points with Menulog
To earn points with Menulog, follow these steps:
- Go to the Velocity eStore website and type in Menulog into the search box:
- You will come to a results screen for Menulog like the one below:
- Enter your Velocity membership number and password:
- Once logged in, you should be able to see My eStore at the top right-hand corner and you will be at the Menulog Australia screen. Press the Shop Now button:
- You will be notified that your purchases are being tracked
- You will then be redirected to the Menulog website—note that this looks exactly the same as if you went directly to the Menulog website without going through Velocity eStore. However, rest assured that the link has been established and any purchases from here on in will be tracked by Velocity as long as you have cookies enabled. For further information on enabling cookies for your web browser, click here
The ability to earn Velocity Points through an online delivery portal is a welcome addition for frequent flyers.
Given the growing popularity of online delivery providers, along with the likelihood of utilising Menulog services multiple times in a month, it provides frequent flyers with an opportunity to amass a significant number of Velocity Points. This is especially the case with a generous earn rate of 2 Velocity Points per dollar spent.
Just remember to follow the instructions above to the letter and avoid heading directly to the Menulog site, or you may find yourself with the meal but without the points.