After the success of the first-ever Frequent Traveler University held in Australia in Brisbane five months ago, the seminar series will be coming to Sydney on the weekend of 17-18 November.
Both myself and our Senior Writer Daniel Sciberras will be presenting sessions and available to chat points, loyalty programs and travel with anyone who is keen.
I will be running a session that will show you how to do power searches for award seats using the Award Nexus search tool, while Daniel will run a session on everything Velocity, including the smartest ways to earn and redeem points and status credits and highlighting lesser known aspects of the program.
Tickets for the two-day event sell for $299 and it will be held at the Mercure Sydney, which is located right between Central Station and the University of Technology Sydney.
The key draw of the event is being able to hear a number of expert speakers and panellists talk specifically about the best ways to use rewards programs.
Included in the ticket price is:
- Two days of educational sessions
- Coffee and tea in the mornings
- Plated sit-down lunch on both days
- Afternoon tea and coffee with snacks
- Optional dinner on the Saturday night—details available after registration
- Internet in the conference rooms
Amongst the confirmed speakers are:
- Matt Graham, Australian Frequent Flyer
- Angus Kidman, finder.com.au
- Yvonne Strydom, Travel Physiotherapist & Travel Expert at Physical Travel Solutions
- Nick La Galle, ProtectMyPhotos
- Sarah Longstaff, OzFlyGirl747
- David Feldman, Loyalty Program Expert
- Alicia Clark, Corporate and Leisure Travel Specialist
- Keith (yours truly) & Daniel Sciberras, Point Hacks
Each speaker will run one or two lecture-style sessions of 60 minutes each with topics subject to the speaker’s interest and fit for the program, as well as answer your questions during the final panel discussion on the Sunday afternoon.
More about Frequent Traveler University
FTU have responsible for some of the best-run conferences for this kind of content for many years. They say it best:
Frequent Traveler University is the world’s premier educational series of seminars devoted to teaching travelers the best way to maximize their frequent flyer miles, hotel points and credit card rewards, while learning about new destinations, tools, and loyalty program intricacies to help make their travel cheaper, more comfortable and in more luxury.
We hope to see you in Sydney in November!
Supplementary image host hotel.