One of the key benefits of the Citi Prestige Mastercard is one complimentary one-way airport transfer per calendar year up to a value of $100.
In this guide, we take a look at the details of how to use it, with a list of included cities, maps of the range of transfers permitted, how to book the service, and our tips for getting the best value.
The essential details
- One complimentary one-way limousine airport transfer per calendar year, up to a value of $100. Any amount not used will be forfeited, and is only applicable to select Australian airports.
- Bookings must be made at least 48 hours in advance but note that they can only be made through the Citi Concierge service, which is open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm AEST
- Cancellations must be made more than 2 hours in advance of the scheduled booking. Cancellation of the service within this timeframe will not result in the benefit being considered as redeemed for the calendar year.
- Luxury airport transfer imposes limits on the number of passengers per car and/or the number of luggage pieces per passenger, based on the type of vehicle, so make sure to request the correct one. Further details are found in the ‘Full terms and conditions’ link below.
- The benefit can be redeemed by the Additional Cardholder on behalf of the Primary Cardholder.
- Any charges above the $100 allowance are to be borne by the cardholder in AUD. This will be advised at the time of booking and the cardholder will need to pay on a Citi Prestige Card. An indication of costs based on airport and distance are found in the ‘Full terms and conditions’ link below.
- Full terms and conditions
Here is how the limo benefit works. After checking availability and making your booking through the Citi Concierge—you can call them at 1800 782 948 or email them ([email protected])—you’ll receive a booking confirmation.
When you arrive at your destination, there should be a driver waiting for you with Citi signage and your name—from your booking they will know where your destination is.
The cars on offer do vary wildly, so if you have specific requirements for more than a couple of bags you should let them know at the time of booking to ensure you’ll be able to fit everything in.
The experiences we’ve seen first-hand or heard anecdotally range from a standard Holden Caprice to Mercedes C Class (which is fairly small) and up to a Mercedes R Class (a seven-seater)—that’s without requesting something larger, which is possible with an additional co-payment.
The current list of airports served are:
- Gold Coast
The Citi Prestige limousine transfer benefit offers good value and is available in our top six largest cities here in Australia. However, it is no longer offered throughout Asia-Pacific since the relaunch of the Citi Prestige card on 7 January 2020.
Just make sure to use familiarise yourself with the essential details above before making your booking, and referring to the terms and conditions where it indicates above.