Sign up to Heathrow Rewards and you can transfer your points to KrisFlyer (or Asia Miles).
If you’re new to the frequent flyer game, Singapore Airlines’ loyalty program KrisFlyer is one of the top five to join for travellers based in Australia.
And, in my opinion, KrisFlyer miles are more valuable than Qantas and Velocity Points.
Current Heathrow Rewards offer
Until 31 March, you can pick up 500 bonus Heathrow Rewards for signing up to the loyalty program for London Heathrow Airport’s duty-free stores.
It’s free to create an account and you’ll pick up 500 bonus points on top of the 100 you normally get for signing up. You can then transfer to a number of frequent flyer programs.
How to take advantage of this promotion
Time needed: 5 minutes.
- Go to this link
- Fill out your personal details
- Make sure that the promotion code box shows SQ2019
- Finish signing up
- Log into your Heathrow Rewards account
- Click on My Rewards
- Select Travel Partners
- Choose which frequent flyer program you’d like to convert your points to
There are nine options, with my recommendations being Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles or British Airways Executive Club.
Points transfer at a rate of 1 Heathrow Rewards points to 1 frequent flyer point/mile.
Note that whilst you’ll have 600 Heathrow Rewards points in your account, you must transfer in increments of 250, so you’ll transfer 500 points out and 100 will be left in your account.
- Check out our best uses of KrisFlyer miles or Asia Miles guide for some inspiration on what to do with your points
- March 2019: 500 bonus miles for signing up to Heathrow Rewards
- December 2018: 500 bonus miles for new accounts
- March 2018: 200 bonus miles for signing up to a Rebate Mango account
- February-March 2018: 1000 bonus miles for new accounts
- February-April 2017: 500 bonus miles for new and reactivated expired accounts
To read more about why you should join KrisFlyer (for free), take a look at our post on 10 reasons why KrisFlyer is one of our favourite frequent flyer programs (and 6 downsides).