Qantas Frequent Flyer knows you have an itch. So if millions of Qantas Points are burning a hole in your pocket and flying First Class to Europe doesn’t set your heart racing, it’s time to splurge on something else. Qantas Points Auction is back, with 10 unique prizes on offer.
Fancy a private day trip flight for you and 23 friends to Hamilton Island? Or perhaps the Qantas Airbus A330 Business Suite will feel right at home in your lounge room? Then get your points balance ready, because bidding will be fierce. If the last Points Auction was anything to go by, you’ll need millions of points to win.
What is the Qantas Points Auction?
The inaugural Qantas Points Auction took off on 2 August 2021, offering five prizes to the highest bidder. Now it’s back, with 10 prizes over nine days. The action kicks off from 8 am AEDT, 1 December 2021 at the Qantas Store.
The 10 prizes include a variety of travel and dining experiences, plus some pre-loved plane seats:
- ‘Devour South Australia’ experience for two (from 100,000 points, 1 December 2021)
- ‘London Calling’ experience for two (from 500,000 points, 2 December 2021)
- New Year’s Eve on Sydney Harbour (from 100,000 points, 3 December 2021)
- ‘Winter in Whistler’ ski experience for two (from 500,000 points, 4 December 2021)
- Neil Perry First Class Lounge dining experience for 15 guests (from 100,000 points, 5 December 2021)
- Huntingdale Golf Course experience for four (from 100,000 points, 6 December 2021)
- Private day trip flight to Hamilton Island for 24 guests (from 3,500,000 points, 7 December 2021)
- Tour the MCG with Ricky Ponting (from 100,000 points, 8 December 2021)
- Qantas Airbus A330 Business Class seat (from 100,000 points, 9 December 2021)
- Pair of Qantas Airbus A380 Premium Economy seats (from 100,000 points, 9 December 2021)
With so many tempting prizes on offer, take your time to browse each listing to check the terms and conditions. Travel isn’t always included for some local experiences, such as the golfing and MCG tour.
Our top picks are the money-can’t-buy experiences. The Neil Perry dinner at the Sydney First Class lounge is particularly exciting, with five courses and wines included for you and 14 other diners.
And of course, who can go past the chance to snap up a pre-loved Qantas Business Class suite, or a pair of old Premium Economy seats from the iconic Airbus A380? Both these packages come with a full-size bar cart, stocked with goodies including Qantas crockery and cutlery!
Many of these Qantas Points Auction items are priceless experiences or collectibles. If you’ve been saving up points, perhaps for a round-the-world trip that still seems years away, then you might be tempted to bid on one of these items instead. But our advice is to keep saving up for that trip!
The prestige and uniqueness of these prizes will make any ardent Qantas frequent flyer happy to part with potentially, millions of points. While the opening bid prices are reasonable, history has taught us that some members are prepared to pay through the nose to outbid each other. Fun times ahead.