Over the past couple of weeks I’ve quietly been working on a handful of pretty helpful (and fairly hefty) new resources for Point Hacks – a suite of new calculators relating to valuing and using points.
The concept and inspiration for them was pretty straightforward. I kept referring to some Excel spreadsheets to:
- Work out the value of a point for a redemption opportunity
- Calculate whether I should redeem points for a flight or pay cash, based on my own point value
- And as I was doing research for the credit card points guide series, I kept heading to the various credit card program websites to check and calculate point conversion rates.
So I got coding and built the following calculators to make my life easier- hopefully you get some use out of them too.
- Frequent Flyer Point Value Calculator
- Advanced Frequent Flyer Point Value Calculator
- Use Frequent Flyer Points or a Paid Ticket Calculator
- Reward Program Points Conversion Calculator
You can read more about each one on their respective pages.
Any questions, issues or comments, please comment on this post or contact me – my details are on the foot of every page of this site.