We saw no less than four bonus Velocity Point promotions offered last month. I think this may be due to Virgin Australia trying to encourage forward bookings in the midst of the rising threat of coronavirus COVID-19.
They have now added another promotion offering up to 20,000 bonus Velocity Points on flights booked to Los Angeles and Tokyo.
On this page, we collate the best deals to earn you bonus Velocity Points on travel and everyday products.
Current offer: earn up to 20,000 bonus Velocity Points on select international Virgin Australia flights
Earn up to 20,000 bonus points when you book an eligible Virgin Australia flight to Los Angeles or Tokyo (Haneda).
An eligible flight is a one-way or return direct flight for travel up until 31 May 2020.
You’ll receive the following bonus points on top of your regular points earn:
Using our valuation of Velocity Points at 1.8c each, the bottom end has you earning ~$22 worth of points on a one-way Economy Light fare. At the top end, a return Business Class flight will net you $360 worth of points.
(For points enthusiasts, it’s best to pay extra for a more expensive fare compared to an Economy Light ticket.)
How to take advantage of this offer
- Activate this offer by 16 March
- [Optional] Click through Cashrewards to earn 1% cashback if booking on virginaustralia.com
- Book and ticket an eligible flight by 16 March for travel before 31 May
- Enter your Velocity membership number at the time of booking
- [Optional] Use a Velocity Points-earning credit card to boost your points earn
- March 2020: 1,250-20,000 bonus points on international flights
- February 2020: double points on select domestic flights; 7,800-15,500 bonus points on Etihad flights; triple Velocity Points on Virgin Australia flights
- January-February 2020: 2,500-20,000 bonus points on international flights
- December 2019: triple points on Virgin Australia bookings; double Velocity Status Credits shopping at Coles, Liquorland and First Choice Liquor
- November 2019: double Status Credits on Virgin Australia flights
- October 2019: double points on Virgin Australia bookings; 10 bonus Status Credits for all members; free Virgin Australia flight when booking with Etihad Airways
- August 2019: double points or 2,500/5,000 on one-way/return Virgin Australia flights [targeted]; 50% bonus Velocity Points on Singapore Airlines flights
- July 2019: 10,000 bonus Velocity Points on return fares to Los Angeles
- May 2019: double Status Credits on Virgin Australia flights (excluding Hong Kong and Los Angeles flights)
- March-April 2019: triple Velocity Points on Virgin Australia flights
- February 2019: double Status Credits on Virgin Australia flights
- January-April 2019: 20,000 bonus Velocity Points by taking out a Virgin Car Insurance policy
- December 2018: double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings; double Velocity Status Credits shopping at Coles and Liquorland; up to 10,000 bonus Velocity Points by shopping with partners this Christmas
- November-December 2018: double Status Credits on Virgin Australia flights between Australia and New Zealand
- October 2018: double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings
- September 2018: 3,000-12,000 bonus Velocity Points on flights to/from New Zealand
- July 2018: double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings
- April 2018: 1,000 bonus Velocity Points on your next Virgin Australia booking; 5,000/10,000 bonus Velocity points on flights to Hong Kong (one-way/return)
- March 2018: triple Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings
- November 2017: 10,000 bonus Velocity Points for signing up and working out for three months at Virgin Active
- July 2017: 1000 bonus Velocity Points for first AirActive booking and 50 points for subsequent bookings
- April 2017: double Velocity Status Credits shopping at Coles and Liquorland
- November-December 2016: double Velocity Status Credits shopping at Coles and Liquorland
Summing up: ongoing opportunities to boost your Velocity Points balance
There are a number of other ways to earn bonus Velocity Points, including by signing up to a Velocity points-earning credit card, shopping online through the Velocity eStore, booking hotels and shopping with your Visa card at participating small businesses.
And here are some of the best ways to use them.
Full offer terms and conditions
To be eligible for the Bonus Bonanza promotion you must (1) Activate this offer through the activation link contained in this email or via https://experience.velocityfrequentflyer.com/partners-offers/offers between 12.01am AEDT 02 March 2020 and 11.59pm AEDT 16 March 2020 inclusive (Promotion Period); (2) after offer activation, book and ticket an Eligible Flight during the Promotion Period and enter a valid Velocity membership number at the time of booking; and (3) complete travel on an Eligible Flight. An Eligible Flight is an International Long Haul flight marketed and operated by Virgin Australia for travel between 02 March 2020 and 31 May 2020 between Australia and Tokyo or Los Angeles. Points cannot be earned on Velocity Reward Seat bookings. Codeshare services marketed or operated by partner airlines are not eligible for this offer. The number of bonus Velocity Points is determined by fare class purchased and route flown. Bonus Velocity Points will be earned in addition to base Velocity Points earned. Bonus Points will be applied to the originally purchased fare class and any upgrades (other than when you paid the full commercial fare) will not attract Bonus Points as a result of this offer. For Eligible Flights, Velocity members will earn 20,000 bonus Velocity Points for Business class return or 10,000 bonus Velocity Points one way (fare classes J, C, D, I), 12,000 bonus Velocity Points for Premium Economy class return or 6,000 bonus Velocity Points one way (fare classes R, W, O), 10,000 bonus Velocity Points for Freedom return or 5,000 bonus Velocity Points one way (fare classes K, H, B, Y), 5,000 bonus Velocity Points for Getaway/Elevate/Group return or 2,500 bonus Velocity Points one way (fare classes S, T, Q, V, N, E, L, G) and 2,500 bonus Velocity Points for Economy Light return or 1,250 bonus Velocity Points for one-way (fare class M). Virgin Australia flights between Australia and Tokyo (Haneda) commence from 29 March 2020. There is no limit on the amount of times this offer can be redeemed. This Velocity Points offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. You should allow up to 4 weeks after completion of travel for the bonus Velocity Points to be allocated.
Velocity membership Terms and Conditions apply, available here.