It’s November, meaning that along with the official kick-off to Movember comes the return of the Velocity Frequent Flyer twice-annual bonus points promotion.
On this page, we collate the best deals to earn you bonus Velocity Points on travel and everyday products.
15% EOY Bonus Promotion
Dubbed the 15% EOY Bonus promotion, Velocity members will be able to earn 15% bonus Velocity points on all rewards points transfers.
As with previous campaigns, some banks and hotels are missing from this campaign’s list, so make sure to check that your service provider is offering the bonus transfer before transferring your rewards points to Velocity.
To be eligible for the 15% bonus Velocity points, make sure to transfer your reward points to Velocity Frequent Flyer by 11:59pm AEDT 30 November 2019.
The following partners are participating in this campaign.
Unfortunately, CBA is again missing in action this campaign, and unlike previous campaigns, it appears that Citi has removed its ‘Points Booster’, that provided an additional allocation of bonus on top of the standard 15% bonus.
ANZ, however, have retained their ‘Points Booster, this time offering an additional 15% points on top of the standard 15% bonus. This means that ANZ Rewards members will receive a bonus of 30% when they transfer their rewards points.
New to the mix is KrisFlyer. When members of Singapore Airline’s frequent flyer program transfer their KrisFlyer miles to Velocity at the standard rate of 1.55 miles to 1 Velocity point, they will receive a bonus allocation of 15% Velocity points. This results in the effective transfer rate of 1.3478:1 during the promotion, an improvement to the standard 1.55:1 and winding us back to the pre-devaluation rate.
What can I get with the bonus points?
If you transferred enough reward points to normally earn you 105,000 Velocity points (transfer rates differ among providers), then you will find yourself with an additional 15,750 Velocity points in your account.
This is enough to secure you a free one-way Business Class seat between the golden triangle cities of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
How do I transfer my Reward Points?
To transfer rewards points to your Velocity account, make sure to click on your provider’s name and follow the steps.
- November 2019: 15% bonus Velocity points on all eligible rewards points transfers; double Status Credits on Virgin Australia flights
- October 2019: double points on Virgin Australia bookings; 10 bonus Status Credits for all members; earn a free Virgin Australia flight when booking with Etihad Airways
- August 2019: earn double points or 2,500/5,000 on one-way/return Virgin Australia flights [targeted]; earn 50% bonus Velocity Points on Singapore Airlines flights
- July 2019: earn 10,000 bonus Velocity Points on return fares to Los Angeles
- May 2019: earn double Status Credits on Virgin Australia flights (excluding Hong Kong and Los Angeles flights)
- March-April 2019: earn triple Velocity Points on Virgin Australia flights
- February 2019: earn double Status Credits on Virgin Australia flights
- January-April 2019: earn 20,000 bonus Velocity Points by taking out a Virgin Car Insurance policy
- December 2018: earn double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings; earn double Velocity Status Credits shopping at Coles and Liquorland; earn up to 10,000 bonus Velocity Points by shopping with partners this Christmas
- November-December 2018: earn double Status Credits on Virgin Australia flights between Australia and New Zealand
- October 2018: earn double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings
- September 2018: earn 3,000-12,000 bonus Velocity Points on flights to/from New Zealand
- July 2018: earn double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings
- April 2018: earn 1,000 bonus Velocity Points on your next Virgin Australia booking; earn 5,000/10,000 bonus Velocity points on flights to Hong Kong (one-way/return)
- March 2018: earn triple Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings
- November 2017: earn 10,000 bonus Velocity Points for signing up and working out for three months at Virgin Active
- July 2017: earn 1000 bonus Velocity Points for first AirActive booking and 50 points for subsequent bookings
- April 2017: earn double Velocity Status Credits shopping at Coles and Liquorland
- November-December 2016: earn double Velocity Status Credits shopping at Coles and Liquorland
Summing up: ongoing opportunities to boost your Velocity Points balance
There are a number of other ways to earn bonus Velocity Points, including by signing up to a Velocity points-earning credit card, shopping online through the Velocity eStore, booking hotels and shopping with your Visa card at participating small businesses.
And here are some of the best ways to use them.