If you take out a new policy with Virgin Car Insurance, you’ll earn a big chunk of bonus points if you are covered for at least six months.
On this page, we collate the best deals to earn you bonus Velocity Points on travel and everyday products.
Earn 20,000 bonus Velocity Points by taking out a Virgin Car Insurance policy
- 5,000 Velocity Points if the insurance is held for more than 65 days
- another 15,000 points if the policy is still active six months after purchase
How to access this offer
- Take out a new Virgin Car Insurance comprehensive policy before 1 April 2019 (renewals do not count)
- Provide your Velocity number during the application process
You can get a quote through the offer page. You’ll get a 15% discount for taking out the policy online rather than calling up to do so.
I’m not an expert in insurance, so I’d recommend comparing your quote against policies from other insurers.
Terms and conditions
Offer of up to 20,000 Velocity Points is available to eligible customers who purchase a new Virgin Car Insurance comprehensive policy and have not previously received points for that same policy number (not available for renewals). This offer is valid for new policy purchases from 1 November 2018 – 1 April 2019 and is subject to change or removal at the discretion of Virgin Money. Insurance not available in Northern Territory. Offer is only valid if a valid Velocity membership number is provided at the time of application. If you’re not a Velocity member you can join Velocity for free. Maximum of 20,000 Velocity Points per policy (even if multiple cars are insured under a single policy). In order to receive the Points the policy holder must be the main driver and their name must match the Velocity account name and membership number provided. Eligible policy holders will be entitled to up to 20,000 Velocity to be awarded in two stages, 1 x 5,000 Velocity Points and 1 x 15,000 Bonus Velocity Points, subject to the following conditions: the policy holder will be entitled to 5,000 Velocity Points if the insurance is held for more than 65 days (credited to the eligible Velocity Account up to 90 days after the policy has been purchased); the policy holder will be entitled to the remaining 15,000 Bonus Velocity Points if the policy is still active 6 months after purchase (credited to the eligible Velocity Account up to 10 months after the policy was purchased). This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Virgin Money Car insurance offers, is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable. The Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions apply.
- January-April 2019: earn 20,000 bonus Velocity Points by taking out a Virgin Car Insurance policy
- December 2018: earn double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings; earn double Velocity Status Credits shopping at Coles and Liquorland; earn up to 10,000 bonus Velocity Points by shopping with partners this Christmas
- November-December 2018: earn double Velocity Status Credits on Virgin Australia flights between Australia and New Zealand
- October 2018: earn double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings
- September 2018: earn 3,000-12,000 bonus Velocity Points on flights to/from New Zealand
- July 2018: earn double Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings
- April 2018: earn 1,000 bonus Velocity Points on your next Virgin Australia booking; earn 5,000/10,000 bonus Velocity points on flights to Hong Kong (one-way/return)
- March 2018: earn triple Velocity Points on Virgin Australia bookings
- November 2017: earn 10,000 bonus Velocity Points for signing up and working out for three months at Virgin Active
- July 2017: earn 1000 bonus Velocity Points for first AirActive booking and 50 points for subsequent bookings
- April 2017: earn double Velocity Status Credits shopping at Coles and Liquorland
- November-December 2016: earn double Velocity Status Credits shopping at Coles and Liquorland
Ongoing opportunities to boost your Velocity Points balance
There are a number of other ways to earn bonus Velocity Points, including by signing up to a Velocity points-earning credit card, purchasing petrol at BP, shopping online through the Velocity eStore, booking hotels and shopping with your Visa card at participating small businesses.
And here are some of the best ways to use them.