If you’re new to the frequent flyer game, Singapore Airlines’ loyalty program KrisFlyer is one of the top five to join for travellers based in Australia. And, in my opinion, KrisFlyer miles are as valuable as Qantas and Velocity Points.
During February, you can earn 500 bonus KrisFlyer miles for each person you refer to join the program. According to our valuation of KrisFlyer miles, each 500 miles is worth $9, so that’s a pretty good deal.
KrisFlyer turns 21 this year and we are excited to celebrate this milestone with you! Every referee you introduce from now till 29 February 2020, who makes at least one qualifying transaction, will earn you 500 KrisFlyer miles!
KrisFlyer usually only offers bonus miles for joining once a year, which tends to be in February-March.
How to take advantage of this promotion
- Share this link with your family and friends
- Have them insert your KrisFlyer number under the section Referred to KrisFlyer by a friend?
- Make sure that the KrisFlyer registration promotion box shows KFBD21 (this should be automatic)
- The new joiner will earn 500 bonus miles for joining by 29 February
- Once they make one qualifying transaction by 31 May, you’ll also earn 500 miles
Qualifying transactions include:
- Transferring Velocity Points over to KrisFlyer (this may be the easiest)
- Transferring credit card points over to KrisFlyer, such as American Express Membership Rewards points
- Flying on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or Scoot
- Flying on a partner airline like Virgin Australia or United
- February 2019: 500 bonus miles for referring others to sign up
- March 2019: 500 bonus miles for signing up to Heathrow Rewards
- December 2018: 500 bonus miles for new accounts
- March 2018: 200 bonus miles for signing up to a Rebate Mango account
- February-March 2018: 1000 bonus miles for new accounts
- February-April 2017: 500 bonus miles for new and reactivated expired accounts
What are the best uses of KrisFlyer miles?
heck out more ideas on our best uses of KrisFlyer miles guide.
To read more about why you should join KrisFlyer (for free), take a look at our post on 10 reasons why KrisFlyer is one of our favourite frequent flyer programs (and 4 downsides).
Plus, check out our best uses of KrisFlyer miles for some inspiration on what to do with your points.