NO PURCHASE OR BOOKINGS REQUIRED. PURCHASE OR BOOKINGS WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS, FACEBOOK ACCOUNT AND EMAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED. PARTICIPATION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF AUSTRALIA WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. COMPETITION BEGINS 6AM, 12 JUNE 2020 – 11.59PM, 22 JUNE 2020 (AEST).
Point Hacks x IHG Facebook Competition (“Contest”) is a contest where eligible participants will be required to submit a creative response as described in Section 1 (“How to Enter”) below. The winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received using the criteria identified below. The official contest rules including, but not limited to, entry requirements, how winners will be selected and the grand prize will be awarded, are set forth below (“Official Rules”).
1. How To Enter: The entry period for the Contest begins at 6AM Australian Eastern Standard Time 12 June 2020 and ends at 11.59 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time 22 June 2020 (“Entry Period”). The Contest is free to enter. To enter the Contest, eligible participants must do the following 3 steps:  Follow IHG Rewards Club’s Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/IHG.Rewards.Club.AMEA);  Like Point Hacks’ Competition post on their Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/pointhacks); AND  Comment in 25 words of less where you would love to stay post isolation and who you would take with you below the Competition Post.
By entering this Contest, winners agree to grant Point Hacks Australia Pty Ltd (“Promoter”) and Six Continents Hotels, Inc. (“SCH”) and its subsidiaries and affiliates, all of which are InterContinental Hotels Group companies, collectively, “IHG” (“Sponsor”), its agents, subsidiaries and affiliates an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights entrant has in the Entry, in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the Internet), without additional compensation. All Entries submitted become the property of the Promoter, and the participant is expressly prohibited from utilizing the Entry. Each entrant hereby represents and warrants that he/she is the original author of his/her Entry and the Entry will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Sponsor’s use of information submitted in connection with this Contest will be subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time on 22 June 2020 in order to be eligible. The Promoter computer is the official clock for the Contest. Participants are allowed to enter more than once.
2. Judging of Entries: A panel of judges from the Promoter will select 10 winners from all eligible Entries received using the following judging criteria (the “Winner”): The most creative and original response to “Where you would love to stay post isolation and who you would take with you” in 25 words of less on Promoters Facebook Competition Post. If submitting more than one entry, each entry must be unique and submitted separately. The potential Winner will be determined on or about 23 June 2020 from among all eligible Entries received. Decisions of the judges are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Becoming the potential Winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. The potential Winner will be selected by the Promoter and the Promoter’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the selection of the potential Winners. Potential Winners agree that their Entry may be amended by the Promoter in its sole discretion and may or may not be identical to what was submitted. Becoming the potential Winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. As part of entering into this Contest, participants acknowledge and agree that their submission may be used for marketing purposes as part of the Point Hacks and IHG® partnership.
3. Winner Notification: On or about 26 June 2020, the Promoter will notify the Winners via Facebook private message, an official announcement on Point Hacks’ Facebook page and via replying to the original competition entry within 24 hours of the closing date. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to identify and notify each winner in an attempt to ensure that each winner receives their prize. However, if the winner does not claim the Prize within 14 days of the date of which the winners are announced, their prize is forfeited and will be awarded to the next best entry,
4. Prize: The “Prize” consists of
5. Eligibility: Participation is open to persons who are legal residents of Australia Must be 18 years of age or older. The following persons are not eligible to participate or win the Contest: Employees and officers and directors of Point Hacks or IHG and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, suppliers, agents and retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible The competition entry must not violate any frequent flyer or reward program terms and conditions and must be accessible to an average frequent flyer or Rewards Club member based in Australia, Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules Promoter’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Participants not abiding by these rules may be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right, its sole discretion to refuse entries that are incomplete, offensive, do not comply with the official rules or which contravene with any applicable laws or regulations.
6. General: Participants in the Contest assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of materials/mail/e-mail submitted to Sponsor. Participant agrees to full Official Rules and to decisions of Promoter, or its designated agent, which are final and legally binding in all respects and further agree that all prizes are awarded upon the condition that Sponsor and each of their, promotions agencies, printers, suppliers of game materials, or any of their respective parent companies and each of their subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees and agents shall have no liability whatsoever and shall be held harmless for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in this Contest or participation in any Contest-related activities and further acknowledge that said parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
Sponsor, its promotions agencies, printer, suppliers of promotional materials or any of their respective parent companies and each of their subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees and agents, are not responsible for typographical errors, security, technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, or un-received, late, or illegible mail whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest and/or redeem prizes in the Contest or any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes that may corrupt or impair the administration, prize redemption, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest (including but not limited to attempts to hack into or otherwise tamper with underlying source code/programming of the Contest). Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release (where legal) within time specified by Promoter. The winner agrees to use his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) human error, virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Promoter will select the Winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Promoter. Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Promoter may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
7. Receiving Prizes: Winners will need to become a member of IHG Rewards Club in order to redeem their prize. The Promoter will provide Winners with IHG Gift Certificates and instructions on how to deposit points. Winner will need to go to: ihgrewardsclub.com/deposit and enter the voucher codes into the designated fields to deposit points. Winners will have until December 2020 to deposit points into their IHG Rewards Club account. Winners will have 12 months to use the 30,000 points from the date of depositing the points into their IHG Rewards Club account. Points for members with Club status expire after 12 months. Winners must comply with IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms & Conditions here: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/customer-care/member-tc
8. PROMOTER: Point Hacks Australia PTY LTD), 622 987 160 (“Point Hacks”) whose registered office is 207/28 Riddell Parade, Elsternwick, Melbourne, Australia.
9. SPONSOR: InterContinental Hotels Group (Australia) PTY Limited (ABN 85 050 110 748), Level 11, 20 Bond Street, Sydney
10. Winner List: The winner’s names will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: [email protected]
11. Notice and Disclaimer. All trademarks related to the prizes are the property of their respective owners and no sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation is implied by their use in these Official Rules or in the Contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.