This may seem blatantly obvious, but one of the first things you’ll need to do when looking at earning points, so you can spend them most effectively in future, is deciding who, what, when, where and how.
Less than 60,000 Qantas points will get you to Tokyo and back in Economy class, with quite a few redemptions open now if you wanted to go tomorrow.
Getting you and your partner to Europe in Business Class will cost almost 10 times that, and will need to be booked months in advance.
So have a think…
Who do I want to fly with?
What class do I want to be in?
When do I want to go?
Where do I want to go?
How many points am I going to need?
The bigger your want, the more planning you’ll need to do, and the more flexible you’ll need to be.
Earning Points: First Principles
- Getting Started with Frequent Flyer programs
- Earning by Flying
- Buying points and miles
- Earning from Credit Cards
- Earning from Offers & Partners
- Ask Questions & Keep in the Loop
- Earning and Using Points – First Principles
Using Points: First Principles
- Who, What, When, Where and How?
- Flexible Points Programs
- Maximising Points value
- Qantas and Virgin Australia Key Partners
- Searching for points seats