There is an enormous community around earning and redeeming points, with most people being more than happy to lend a hand or advice.
The Point Hacks Community is a great place to start, with heaps of advice and a friendly forum where anyone can ask anything, and you’ll get an answer quickly. If there’s a story on Point Hacks that you want to know more about, just let us know in the comments of that article and the author will get back to you with an answer.
Make sure you’re on the email lists of all your rewards programs, as well as any relevant partners. Keep an eye on any deals that may interest you. If you’re in the market for changing providers on household utilities, it never hurts to find out if any of them work with a points program.
Earning points can be a lot of fun, especially if you know your goal and how close you are to getting it.
One of the most important things to remember as you see your points balance grow is don’t buy a toaster.
Earning Points: First Principles
- Getting Started with Frequent Flyer programs
- Earning by Flying
- Buying points and miles
- Earning from Credit Cards
- Earning from Offers & Partners
- Ask Questions & Keep in the Loop
- Earning and Using Points – First Principles
Using Points: First Principles
- Who, What, When, Where and How?
- Flexible Points Programs
- Maximising Points value
- Qantas and Virgin Australia Key Partners
- Searching for points seats